Part 1

I was going to play for Manchester City.

I had just called my agent to confirm my decision, when I received a call from Lauren Hemp. Lauren and I met at our first England camp for the under 15's and ever since then, we've been good friends.

I doubted whether I should pick up the phone. Of course I wanted to speak to her, but I didn't know if I should tell her about my almost certain move to Manchester City.

I eventually decided to just pick up the phone and see where the conversation would end up. As soon as I picked up, I heard a very excited Lauren on the other side of the phone.

"Hi" I heard Lauren say enthusiastically. "Hello" I chuckled back, not knowing where the sudden excitement came from.

"God," Lauren said, "it has been so long since I talked to you." Me and Lauren used to see each other almost every month, because we both played for England in the under 19's. But, recently, Lauren advanced to the senior team, while I stayed in the u-19's.

"Yes, way too long." I agreed. "So..., your contract at Ajax has expired. Thinking about making any moves?" Lauren asked. I had silently hoped that the conversation wouldn't flow this way, but unfortunately it did.

"Maybe" I answered, trying not to reveal my move to City. I would love to tell Lauren about my move to her current club, but I haven't signed my contract and the move has not been officially confirmed yet. So I wasn't completely sure if I could tell her.

"Oh, I see, not spilling anything?" Lauren said amused. I nodded, but made an agreeing sound after realizing she obviously couldn't see me.

"Well, I'll leave you alone now. I hope we can catch up soon." Lauren suggested.

"Yes, we will! See you soon!" I said. "See you soon? What do you mean?" Lauren questioned.

Realizing I already said too much I quickly said, "bye, Lauren" and hung up the phone. I suspected it wouldn't be a big problem, since Lauren is the most oblivious person I know. But I still felt bad for not even being able to keep a secret that was mine.

~~~

After I dropped Emma off at our aunt and uncles house, I drove to the airport to make my way to Manchester.

I was driving very slow on purpose, knowing that I had enough time, because I hated flying. I would always get shortness of breath and I would feel light in my head. I'd much rather stay with both of my feet on the ground. Unfortunately, flying comes with the job.

As soon as we touched down, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. But, thankfully, we survived and were now safe on the ground.

I got a cab to my new apartment and made my way inside. Luckily, I bought it furnished, so that would save me a lot of time and effort.

The apartment had a big living room with an open kitchen. It had two bedrooms, both with a walk-in closet and a bathroom. One of the bedrooms also had a balcony that was quite big, to my surprise.

I was absolutely flabbergasted. I knew I bought a nice apartment and the pictures online were quite alright as well, but I didn't know that it would be this beautiful and big.

I immediately settled, did some groceries and went to bed early. Because tomorrow would be a special day, the day I would sign my contract for Manchester City and make the official announcement. I would probably also meet some of my new teammates, which I was, frankly, really nervous about. I didn't like meeting new people, I'd always find a way to completely embarrass myself.

But for now, I had just moved in to my new apartment, I didn't have to worry about Emma, and I could finally get some sleep. Thank God.

A/N
- hiii, well here is the first official chapter! I hope you liked it! As I already said, this is my first ever book, so please bear with me.
- as you can probably already notice a bit, this book is a bit of a slow burn. Not too slow but I also would like to make it a bit realistic and fit it with Stacy her personality (she doesn't have much trust in people and is very quiet and shy)
- I'm on holiday now, so the updates won't be very fast, but as soon as I'm back I plan to update a bit more frequently!
- thank you for reading, and hopefully see you at the next chapter!

:)