Part 13

The next days went by fairly quickly. The game against Norway was a tough one, but eventually we managed to get a 2-1 win.

The last day of camp rolled around, and it was almost time to say goodbye to everyone. But not before Sarina pulled me to the side and asked me to have a chat in her office.

I knocked nervously on her office door, not knowing what to expect. "Come in." I faintly heard Sarina say from the other side of the door.

I opened the door and went to sit on the chair, when she made a gesture for me to sit down, opposing her.

"So, Stacy, how are you?" She started the conversation. "Yeah, I'm fine." I answered casually. I still wasn't sure if you had to be extra formal with Sarina or not, since I've only spoken to her a handful of times.

"Great. So, I've been wanting to have this conversation with you for a while now, but I thought it would be best to wait until the end of the week. So that when you get home you have some time to think about what I'm going to say." She said with an insuring glimpse of a smile on her face. 

I just nodded in response, and waited for her to continue. By now I was really intrigued by the secrecy she held in her voice. Could this be about Leah? Had Sarina finally spoken to her. Though I couldn't be more wrong.

"So, I'm just gonna come out and say it. I've been really impressed by your performance this past week. Now I know that you've not made your decision yet, as to who you're gonna play for. But just know that if you commit to England, I would seriously consider you as a part of the squad at the next camp," Sarina said, "I would suggest you call me with your decision at least two weeks before the next camp. Or you call me that you've not yet made your decision, though be aware, that could possible cost you a place in the next squad."

I was completely mesmerised by everything she said. I just couldn't believe it. She wanted me in her squad. Now I know that she did not literally say that, but 'seriously consider you as part of the squad' is good enough for me.

"Wow, thank you so much. I have indeed not yet made my decision, but I've really enjoyed my time here, and it would be a privilege to be a part of and play with this incredible squad." I carefully said to her, not wanting to make my decision her on the spot.

She told me I was free to go, so I shook her hand and walked out of her office. As soon as I closed the door, I went to sit on the chair that was the closest to me, to comprehend what just happened.

Oh. My. God. This could be a huge opportunity for me. On the other hand, she didn't really assure a place for me. The only fact right now was, as soon as I play for any national team, I had to stick with them. You can't change national teams after you've played minutes for one. So what if I make it to the next camp, make my debut and then never get called up again. Then I'm fucked. I had to think about this.

After I got myself together again, I stood up and went so say goodbye to everyone. All the Manchester girls, this time including the ManU girls, went to sit in the two vans ready for a short trip to Manchester. As it was only a bit more than a one and a half hour drive from St. George's Park to Manchester.

~~~

Before I knew it, I got woken up by Lauren and she told me we had arrived. We both went back to her place and had dinner together. I decided to tell Lauren about my conversation with Sarina, seeing as she is one of the few people I trusted with my life. She'd never tell my secrets if I didn't want them to be shared. She was honestly a great friend, my best friend.

"So... Sarina called me in her office this morning." I said, trying to sound as casual as possible. "Oohhh." Lauren said, immediately showing interest.

"She basically told me, that if I choose to commit to England, she would seriously consider me to be part of the squad for upcoming camp." I said, slightly showing my excitement.

"Oh my God, Stacy. Wow, that's amazing! Congrats!" She said, showing much more excitement than I had previously done.

"Yeah.." I said, not really wanting to tell her I hadn't made my decision yet.

"What? What is it?" She said, having caught on to my hesitant answer. "I haven't made my decision yet." I said quickly, deciding to just come out and say it, and not beat around the bush any longer.

"Oh." She said, her smile slightly faltering. "When do you have to decide?" She asked. "Two weeks before the next camp." I replied.

"Well, you know that no matter what you decide to choose, I will always support you." She said, now hugging me. "Thanks Lauren, that means a lot."

I felt relieved after our conversation, glad to get that off my chest. It really did mean a lot to me, what Lauren had said. She is one of the persons who's opinion mattered the most to me.

Of course the opinion of my aunt and uncle, and Emma mattered to me as well. But my aunt and uncle just wanted me to play in a happy and healthy environment, and I'm pretty sure Emma didn't really understand it, or just didn't really care.

That night, I went to bed with a content feeling. My dream could actually come true. That exact sentence kept spinning around in my head for hours and hours.

But for now, I had to live in the moment. Training would start the day after tomorrow, and tomorrow was when my aunt and uncle would drop Emma off at mine.

I could finally spent some time with my little sister again. I couldn't wait.

A/N
-hello, hope you enjoyed this chapter.
- you've got a choice to make. Should Stacy play for the Netherlands or England, it's up to you to decide! Let me know!
- hope you have a lovely day, and hopefully see you at the next chapter!

:)