Part 14

I got woken up by a sudden weight on top of me. I opened my eyes slightly, letting them adjust to the light, before I completely opened them to witness what was on top of me.

"Stacy!!!" I heard a high pitch voice say. By now, Emma was jumping on top of me, unaware of my uncomfortable state caused by her jumps.

She may be six years old, but kids are heavier than you would think. You will notice this, as soon as they start jumping on top of you.

"Hoi, kleine." (Hi, little one.) I said, while grabbing her and laying her beside me. I got out from under the duvet, aware that I was wearing an oversized T-shirt and shorts, and walked into the living room, where my aunt and uncle were waiting for me to say goodbye to them.

"Heel erg bedankt dat je Emma even bij je wilt houden. We halen haar binnenkort weer op, geen zorgen." (Thank you so much for wanting to keep Emma with you for a bit. We'll pick her up soon again, no worries.) My aunt said with a warm smile, sending me a wink.

"Ik heb haar gemist, dus dit gaat me goed doen. Fijne en veilige reis, hè! (I've missed her, so this will do me good. Have a nice and safe trip!) I said, while hugging them both and leading them out to the front door.

As soon as I closed the door behind them, I started running towards my bedroom. "EMMAAAA." I screamed, prolonging the 'A',  while throwing myself on the bed, beside her.

"Heb je al ontbeten?" (Have you already had breakfast?) I asked her, while turning my head in her direction. She just shook her head in response. I picked her up and walked to the kitchen.

"Pannenkoeken?" (Pancakes?) I asked her with a grin, knowing she'd never deny an offer like this one. At this, she eagerly nodded her head and started to open all sorts of drawers looking for things we might need.

I picked her up and sat her on the kitchen island and gave her a cookie. I know it was morning and you actually shouldn't give children cookies at that time of the day. But I just needed her to be distracted, so I could call Lauren to come over, because God knows I can't make pancakes even if my life depended on it. For some reason I just always ruin them, but Lauren's actually pretty decent.

I called Lauren, and she said she'd be here in about 10 minutes. We don't have training today, seeing as we both only got back from camp yesterday, so this would be a good bonding day for me and my sister. And Lauren. Though, I didn't mind. I loved Lauren, and I knew Emma loved her just as much.

Even though they couldn't understand each other, they got along pretty well. Though, I'm noticing Emma is already picking up a little bit from the English language, so soon she might even be able to say a few words in English. 

Emma and I gathered all the things we needed for successful pancakes, the only ingredient missing was a good cook. And as if timing was my best friend, at that exact moment I heard a knock on the door. This also reminded me that my doorbell was still broken and had to be fixed.

I opened the door, just for Emma to sprint past me and engulf Lauren in a massive hug. Lauren reciprocated the hug just as much and walked inside, with Emma on her hip. Lauren gave me a side hug, because of her carrying Emma, and walked into the kitchen.

"So, am I gonna have to show you guys who is the best cook!" Lauren said enthusiastically, while already looking through all the things we had laid out, because we thought we might need it. 

"Cock!" Emma screeched, probably trying to impress Lauren by showing her she can talk English as well, which she can't, but failing miserably.

Oh god, I thought to myself. Lauren burst out laughing, after hearing Emma trying to imitate her, but saying a very different word.

"Nee, nee, nee, Emma. Cook, niet cock. Het is cook." (No, no, no, Emma. Cook, not cock. It's cook.) I said, trying to make clear that cock was not the right word at all.

"Cock!" She tried again, without success. This made Lauren laugh even harder, which made a smile appear on Emma's face, after seeing she had made Lauren laugh. I couldn't hold my laugh anymore and burst out laughing too.

We had finally stopped laughing, after what felt like ages, and we, or well Lauren actually, continued to prepare for breakfast. Meanwhile, Emma had already moved on to the next thing and was now playing with a football that was in my living room.

~~~

At around lunchtime, we decided to grab some lunch and a coffee for me and Lauren. It was nice to spend some time with my little sister again. I had missed her so much, and I could tell Lauren had missed her a lot as well.

Soon, the darkness of the night arrived, and it was time for bed. What a lovely day it had been. Tomorrow would be slightly more difficult, seeing as I have training and have not yet found a babysitter. So I had no choice but to bring her to training with me, though I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

A/N
- hii, most of the people in the comments said England, so I guess that's what it is going to be. Unless lots of Dutch readers suddenly show up and change everything. But I'm pretty confident that won't happen.
- anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you at the next one!!

:)