Part 31

"So, where are your parents?" She asked, emphasising the your. She was already scanning the crowd in front of us, for any sort of sign about who and where my parents were. Though, she could be here all night and she wouldn't find them.

I took a deep breath before I replied, not wanting my voice to betray me. "They're not here." I answered, deciding to take the easy way out. To be honest, I wasn't really prepared for the question Leah had just asked me. And certainly not from her, as it seems like most of the times she wants to stay as far away from me as possible.

I stood up and held my hand out for her. She grabbed it and I pulled her up, off of the ground. "And what about that little girl, is she here?" She asked, once again looking at the group of people in the stands. This question, however, made me smile from ear to ear, remembering my little sister. Besides the mention of Emma, I was also extremely relieved to find out Leah wasn't going to question why my parents weren't here on such a special night. I also wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her the truth. I'm usually not someone who shares my secrets with anyone and everyone who asked about it. Right now, the only one from the squad who knew the truth about my parents was Lauren. And I couldn't be more grateful that it was her, just her.

"She's not, but she will be. Soon." I said, still with a smile plastered on my face. Leah just nodded in response, while we started to walk towards a few fans. "She's your sister, right?" Leah asked again, while trying to make herself hearable over the sound of the fans screaming for our attention. "Wow, what is this? 20 questions?" I said while laughing. I could see her cheeks redden even more than they already were from the game we had just played. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I continued on seeing the embarrassment creeping up her neck. "Yeah, she is my sister." I said, now beaming with pride, knowing that I couldn't have wished for a better sister. Even though I wished I could see her more often.

"She seemed nice," Leah started, trying to mask her previous embarrassment, before she continued, "she looks like you." I chuckled at this, knowing that we indeed looked a lot like each other, even with the 12 year age gap.

"She's 6, Leah. At that age, they always seem nice." I said, while laughing. She just laughed in response and hummed in agreement.

We had made our way over to the fans, taking pictures with them and signing shirts. It was always nice to see fans show up. In recent years the amount of fans coming to our games had seriously increased. Making the atmosphere inside the stadium better and better.

Eventually, after having signed loads of stuff and taken many pictures, we made our way to the changing room. The mood within the team was good, which isn't very weird after a win against the second best ranked team in the world, Sweden. While getting ready to get in the coach, I received many congratulations and praise for my winning goal from my teammates.

But, in the back of my mind, I secretly hoped that this caused for some kind of impression on Sarina. She was the one who decided who plays and who doesn't. So, ultimately, I really hoped that I impressed her enough to get some minutes in at our next game, against Belgium.

A/N
- bit of a short chapter, but hopefully I can get another one out in the next few days.
- Leah and Stacy are getting closer! Hopefully one of them doesn't fuck it up🫣
- hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you at the next one!

:)