Part 32

The ride back to SGP was relaxed. Everyone was just doing something to themselves, not really bothering to speak to other people. The seat beside me was empty, giving me a perfect opportunity to put my feet up and hopefully get some sleep in. Seeing as I probably wasn't going to get any sleep tonight, because last night I slept like a baby.

Recently I had been thinking more and more about if I should address this problem to the staff. Not only here, at SGP, but also at the club, Manchester City. Maybe they know what exactly it is I'm dealing with. Because I, myself, don't have a clue.

It would be the most logical thing to tell the staff. Not necessarily so that they could make appropriate measurements, but just so they knew. Just the fact that I wasn't one of the few that knew, could possible bring me a lot of rest. Literally, but also mentally.

~~~

Once back at Saint George's Park, everyone went straight to bed. It was around midnight and you could feel that the energy within the group was rapidly becoming incredibly low, even though we had just won a very tough match.

Lauren and I both got ready for bed, while we both knew that I wouldn't be getting any sleep anyway. "Planning on sleeping tonight?" She asked, confirming my thoughts on that she was also thinking about the possible lack of sleep I was about to receive.

"I mean, probably not. But I certainly wouldn't mind." I said, laughing at the hopelessness lacing my voice. "I could stay up with you, if you want?" She asked, probably not wanting to seem too selfish. "Absolutely not. Our superstar needs her beauty sleep," I said, laughing, before I continued, "no, I'll be fine. But don't blame me if I'm grumpy in the morning!"

To be honest, I probably would be. I loved sleeping, and so everything that deprived me of that would annoy me a lot. Even if I was the problem.

And, just like we expected, I was tossing and turning in my bed, not being able to close my eyes for just a little bit. It felt like hours that I was debating whether or not I should just get out and make my way downstairs. Perhaps Jack was awake to entertain me for a bit.

I silently got out of bed, not wanting to wake up Lauren, and put some presentable clothes on. I was still debating whether I should actually go downstairs, when I opened the door.

However, that decision was soon made when I saw a presence sitting on the floor, right beside the door opening. "Hi Leah." I whispered, aware that the door was still slightly open. As I said this, her head whipped around and she looked up. "Hi." She said, while she smiled softly.

I sat beside her and pulled my knees up to my chest. I had no clue what she was doing here or why she was even awake, but I also didn't really mind. I kind of liked the company. Even though we got off to a rough start, she seems to be acting alright towards me, though I'm not sure what caused the change in behaviour.

"What's up?" She asked after a few moments of silence. I just laughed at her question and looked at her dumbfounded. "You're the one who's sitting in front of my room." I stated, chuckling, while my gaze turned back to the wall on the other side of the hall.

She laughed in return, probably not really knowing what she can reply to my previously made comment. "Soo," I continued, "what are you doing here?" I eventually said, still not having a clue as to why she was sitting outside of my room.

"Yeah, ehh, I- I don't know." She said, slightly stuttering, but ending with a slight laugh. As if she's laughing at herself for showing up here. I cocked my eyebrow, pressuring her a little bit to also actually answer the question I had asked.

"I mean, I guess I hoped that you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight, and that you would come out of your room." She continued. I had to focus a little bit, because at the end she was just rambling, spewing out words at a rate Eminem couldn't even uphold.

Wow, you hoped that I would be deprived of my sleep?" I asked sarcastically, because that's just what I do. I either shut down or take a sarcastic turn when things get awkward or just uncomfortable in general.

"Wha- no, no!" She said, seemingly starting to panic a little bit, apparently not noticing the sarcastic tone in my voice. "Relax. I'm kidding." I said, while laughing. In the meantime we were still talking at quite a soft volume. Both of us not wanting to wake up the others.

"I just meant, like, I was bored and thought that you might have been awake as well."

A/N:
- oohhhh, what's going to hapennn? Well, I know, obviously ;)
- or should I ask, what do you want to happen?
- anyway, I've got exams week coming up (fml) so don't expect too much from me! Not that I have set the bar very high...
- hope you enjoyed the chapter and see you at the next one!

:)