Chapter 24: what's wrong with me?

For the past week I've been feeling sick, I don't even know why. I guess I have a couple of ideas on what it could be.

I woke up and turned over to see Rooster with his arms wrapped around me. I placed my hand on his head and kissed him,
"I love you" I whispered in his ear, I saw his face turn to a smile. Suddenly a blast of sickness filled me, I think I know what's wrong.
I walked into the bathroom and locked the door, I opened the cupboard and pulled out a pregnancy test. I did everything it said on the instructions and placed it on the counter. Secretly I wanted it to be positive, I really wanted it to be positive. I feel like I need more people in my life, I just think it's the right time for kids. I'm not worried on what Rooster will say because he's always said that he wants six kids, personally I think two or three is enough, but I let him have dreams. I looked over at the test and it had two lines. I jumped up with excitement and ran out the door.

I shook Rooster out of excitement even with the pregnancy test in my hand.
"What's wrong?" He wiped his eyes
"Baby! I'm pregnant! I'm pregnant!" I showed the test to him. He hugged me tightly and I could see the excitement in his eyes as we held hands and jumped up and down like toddlers.