Take Risks.

"See you later."

"Bye, friend."

I walk away through the doorway and into the hallway. Halfway into the hallway, this slight urge of power pinches me right in the gut.

I let out a sharp breath and turn around, heading back to the doorway. As I reach the doorway again, I stop and observe him at the other door that's a few feet away.

"Hey! Dude! Come here!" I call to him.

He looks up and walks quickly over to me. Standing about less than a foot apart, he leans in a little.

"What's up?" He inquires softly.

I looked into his eyes for a moment before I begin to speak, my eyes darting around, and I looked down randomly.

"So, you might know this already but," I pause, let out a nervous laugh and slowly focus myself to look at his face. "I like you."

A small smile appears on his face, and he nods.

Heat rises to my face instantly and I get even more nervous. I slightly panic.

"Uh, so, yeah. If you're not comfortable being friends, that's alright. We don't have to be friends anymore fi you don't want to be, it's completely okay." I begin to babble.

His smile slightly fades a little as he listens and becomes serious but continues to nod a little.

"If you are comfortable, though, and you are still good with being friends, then that's definitely alright, too." I babble on more.

"Yeah, of course." He responds with an understanding tone as he nods.

I take that as he's good with still being friends. I do finger-guns at him as I slowly back a foot away from him.

"Yeah... so..." I drag out the words. "Have fun!" I say happily and swiftly turn around.

As I am a few feet away, I feel a presence close behind me and a hand lightly clasp onto my wrist. I immediately stop and turn around.

He's standing there, looking into my eyes with his bright expression on his face as a smile wants to form. Our feet were only a few inches apart.

"Yes?" I question, slightly nervous and caught off guard.

He starts to smile as he responds, "I have something to tell you, too."

I look at him quizzically. "What is it?"

He cups his hands on the sides of my face, leans in, and kisses me softly for a second. He leans away and removes his hands form the sides of my face. I stand there for a moment, shocked, but a smile quickly takes the place of that look. He smiles back. We both let out an exhale of relief and happiness, then chuckle.

I look down at my feet and tap the tip of my shoe on the ground. I look back up to see that he still smiling and looking at me with a soft gleam in his eyes.

Neither of us were quite sure what to say or do, so I speak up with the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Thank... you...?" It comes as more of a question.

He laughs and nods, and he starts to blush.

"You're welcome."