Escape Land.

She walked around the tree-filled woods, looking for the open field that sparkled and shimmered from the sun's setting glow.

"Hellooo?" She called out, peeking around a fallen tree. "I know you're here somewhere, field."

She continued to wind around many more trees and looked to her sides every so often to make sure the white laced fabric on her dress doesn't get caught on any twigs sticking out. One of the moments that she looked to her right side; she spotted the familiar twinkle. It was just in time for the surprise she's been hoping to see.

She takes off into a carefree, but quick, run. She leaps over anything in her way, like medium rocks and tree stumps. Her twisted up, golden braids flailing around as her shoulders and arms move everywhere. Her smile very clearly plastered on her face, refusing to leave no matter how badly she needed to take a breath. She's been searching for this; she's not going to stop for some lousy oxygen now.

She makes it out into the open field, stopping and catching her breath, her grey-like eyes scan over all the tall wheat grass.Her once excited feeling soon disappeared, along with her smile and eyes dropping into disappointment. It was maybe even just a little bit of sadness that took over as well.

"I... I ran all this way for you..." She speaks sadly out to—what seemed like—nothing, her voice cracking like she's going to cry.

She fell to her knees, tears started to swell up in her once shining-with-joy eyes. She covered her face with her hands and her shoulders drooped down. She began to quietly cry. It's hard to be so happy for something, travel so far and wide for it, just to be left feeling disappointed and abandoned.

She wept, and wept, and wept there on the ground for a good few passing minutes. Then, she slowly removed her hands from her face and wiped her tears away. She sniffled and looked up, hearing a fluttery noise. Her eyes immediately lit up with that old joy again and her gentle smile rose back onto her face.

She picked herself back up on her feet, reached out her hand, and there it really was. No imagining it this time. The lightly sparkling being floated right above her hand.

 "It's so good to see you, Fairy." She spoke kindly. "You know, I've been reading so many things about you and your kind. I've been so excited to finally become friends."

The creature blinked, tilting its head to the right, confused.

"If you want to be friends, it's okay if you don't. I can respect that." The girl added, realizing how rude it was to just assume.

It, then, softly smiled and nodded. The Fairy appreciated her kindness and respectfulness. It lowered down, landing on her hand. The girl smiled happily and began to talk about random things to the creature. It listened patiently and nodded.

Suddenly, there was a distant voice calling out.

"Joce? Joce?"

The girl became horrified, but her Fairy friend calmly walked up her arm and to her right cheek. It ever-so gently placed its left hand on Joce and leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"You're okay, we'll meet again. I'll be right here." The Fairy quietly spoke. Its voice sounded so laced with magic.

It began to hum a random tune very softly and then everything snapped.

The girl jolted up as her bedroom door opened.

"Joce! I have been calling for you! What is wrong with you? Are you deaf or something?" The woman spoke it like a joke, but it was meant to be harsh. They both knew that. They'd never admit it though.

Joce nervously smiled with an even more nervous chuckle following. "No, mother."

Joce's mother shook her head, slightly annoyed with her daughter. She expects her daughter to hear her, even when she hasn't called for her yet.

 "Well, come on. Dinner is ready and we are going to be watching a movie. Your father and sister are waiting impatiently." Her mother says forcefully, and with that, she left the room.

"Okay." Joce says quietly to the woman that was no longer even standing there. Her mother never waits for the agreement replies ever. She just assumes that they're going to show up and listen no matter what.

Joce stares forward for a quick second, remembering what her Fairy friend said. She lightly smiled to herself, looked down, then got up.

And with that, the girl whose imagination palace is her escape land, left the room to join the reason why she has it in the first place.