4. The Petrova's ( Elijah )

"So, Chrystina I wanna make one thing clear to you. I don't know for sure that you're Elena's sister. And if you are, you shouldn't start telling the whole world. There are things you don't know about the Petrova's." I told Chrystina. I don't know why but I like her and Sam, they seem like honest and loyal persons. These are the first people in a long time I feel like I can trust them.

"I saw something like that coming. We know that you're an original vampire. What is it about my familie? Sometimes when people hear the name Petrova they shiver?" Chrystina asked. Hmm, I was right about her knowing who I am. But what did she know about me and my family. " Before I start telling about your family, I probably should tell you something about my family, so what do you already know?" I ask. Chrystina looks at me like she was afraid to say, maybe she's been taught that she isn't supposed to know about us. But ofcourse it was inevitable for Mathias and Rita to not tell her about this. They were close to everyone of our family and we could really count on them. And when I estimate Chrystina, I suppose that she mostly hangs around supernaturals. They kind of had to tell her or else she would ask.

Chrystina starts talking "I know that your family were the first vampires and that you were turned more that a thousand years ago. You're much stronger than other vampires and you can compelle them. I know that Klaus is a hybrid. There were 8 a thousand years ago, a few years ago 7 and there are 3 left right now." she stops like she's thinking if she should go on. She looks me streight in they eyes and I see she's collecting all her courage. " Uhmm .... I also know about the white oak stake, the daggers and the sirelines" she says almost wispering. Wow I thought that she knew about the sireline, but I would've never thought that our close friends would tell her about the things that can kill us or take us down for a while. I'm astonished. No, I thought again, they would never tell her about the white oak stake or the daggers. 

"who told you about the stakes or the daggers?" I asked. "My family did, the werewolves" Sam answered. As I thought, our friends would never tell anyone how to kill us. Hmm i said. "my family told her when they found a diary from a sire that tells that the original family is very close with a couple with Rita and Mathias from a little village in France. So they linked it to the oldest vampires in town Rita and Mathias Franconville, which means Frensh village." he explained.

"Hmm I see, but I warn you, it's not smart to try to kill an original. That's one of the reasons I'm here to talk." I told them and Chrystina almost derectly answers "I know that. My parents told me that when I told them about Sam's family told me about the originals. But they were Klaus' friends or something, because on the backside of that painting over there stands for my loyal friends Mathias and Rita. From Niklaus M, and you just said that that painting is infact made by Klaus?"

"Yes they were close friends to us all. And they still would've been if they were still alive. And you said that there are still 3 originals left. That's not true" I said, Chrystina looked really confused "at least, not anymore. Our intire family is back from the dead, through a kind of magic" 

It was completely quiet in the house. Ofcourse this was painfull for Chrystina. Her parents died, because Kol got killed. But when Kol came back to life, they didn't. She really misses them I can tell. I feel a bit honored that she talks about her parent with me because I get the feeling that she doesn't talks about personal thing with a lot of people. She seems like an open and spontaneous girl, but when you meet her you find out that she's a secretive person. Ofcourse she was. She lost her biological parents at the age of 4 and gets adopted by supernaturals. Her whole life has always been about secrets, she can't tell the most people or invite friends over to her home. She's probably thought to not trust anyone to easily and to watch out for what she says and to who she says it.

"Well, I'm happy for you that you have your family back." she says and smiled a little. I felt actually sorry for her, something I don't have fast. For some reason I feel like I've known Chrystina and Sam for a long time, I kinda of like them I guess. "thank you Chrystina. But before I start telling you about the Petrova's, you can better get yourself a new drink. Because it is a long story."

After she comes back with new drinks for everyone I start my story "More than a thousand years ago there was a girl, Tatia Petrova, the original Petrova. In your family there is a Doppelgänger line. The curse of the sun and the moon will be broken by the sacrefice of a vampire, a werewolf and the doppelgänger with the help of a strong witch, according to the legend. But that curse was fake, the real curse prevented Niklaus from using his werewolf abilities. Sam the blood you got after Niklaus killed and turned you to complete the transition, was infact doppelgängerblood. Every few hundred years, there appears a doppelgänger. Katerina Petrova, also known as Katherin Pierce, was 500 years ago the first one. And your sister Elena Gilbert is the second one. Katherin  turned into a vampire deliberately while she was running from Niklaus, who wanted to use her for breaking the curse. As a vampire she was no longer usefull. Elena got a car excedent last year, caused by my sister Rebekkah who wanted to save our family. At the hospital they fed her vampire blood, but her injuries were worst and she died. She's a vampire now. I don't know if Niklaus nows about you, but if he does, he will do anything to keep you alive and human. So that over a few hundred years there will be a new doppelgänger and he will be able to create more hybrids. Because hybrids are a dying species. He and Sam are two of the, well spoken 50 hybrids left. And without a new doppelgänger there will never be more hybrids. But if he finds out I'm afraid he will turn back in the old him. The cruel and unfriendly him. Because ever since our family came back he's nice and gentle. Like he was as human."

"Do Tatia, Katherine and my sister look like each other? and is Tatia also still alive?" Chrystina asks. "no, Tatia isn't alive, she was just human. And, no Chrystina, you look like them. Tatia, Katherine and Elena are indistinguishable. They are exact copies of each other, except for their character." I told her.

"Do I look like my sister?" Chrystina asked open-eyed. I chuckled a bit "yes, you look queit a lot like her. It is that I don't carry a picture of her with me, cause I would love to show you. But you must understand, you can't just go to Mystic Falls to get to know her. Klaus must know first if so. But you're also getting yourself in danger if you do. Your life will change completely" I said.

she looked shocked and it was quiet for a while. Untill my phone rang.