Awkward

| Chapter 24 |

-••••-

" I'M HOME!," He shouts when he enters the house.

" In here, " I shout from the living room. He strolls into the room and can't help but notice how good he looks. He wasn't dressed up or anything. I just like the way He looks. He wore grey sweatpants with a matching hoodie.

As soon as he spots me on the couch he throws himself on me. " Oh my goodness, you are so heavy," I whine.

I try to push him off but he wouldn't budge. I try to wrestle my way out from under him but he slips us, sitting me on his lap before wrapping his arms around me, and giving me a rib-crashing hug. " I missed you so much," he mumbles against my neck.

"I...I can't breathe," I struggle to say.

He loosens his hold on me but doesn't fully let me go. " Hi," he says pushing his red locks out of his face.

" This is the fourth time you attempted to kill me," I snap, trying my best to remain unaffected by being this close to him. The fact that his hands are on my bare thighs doesn't help.

" Have I ever told you how cute you look when you are angry, " was his response.

Thank the universe I'm black because I would have been blushing like crazy. I try to get off his lap but he doesn't let me go and I give him a questioning look.

" You haven't hugged me properly yet, " he pouts.

I sigh and wrap my arms around his neck. There's that cologne I missed. He circles his arms around my waist and buries his face in my hair. " You weren't supposed to be back until Sunday, "

" I missed you, " he murmurs.

" Yeah?"

" Yeah, "

My thoughts have been all over the place since the conversation between Sof and me. I haven't been able to conclude and it's killing. I sigh and remove myself from his embrace.

" Are you okay? " He asks, focusing his eyes on me.

" I want to ask you something,"

" Okay," he urges

Here goes nothing.

" What are we?"

He laughs. " Homosapiens last time I checked,"

I slap his shoulder. "I'm being serious,"

" Why are you asking,"

" Because I want to know,"

He sighs. " We are whatever you want us to be Coco puffs...,"

" That doesn't answer my question," I retort.

" It does, if you want us to be friends we will be friends, and if you want us to be cousins... We can be that too,"

" Agh," I groan getting up and making my way to the kitchen. This guy is impossible. I wouldn't have asked if I knew right? See what I mean when I say he keeps playing around.

I gulp down a glass of water before walking back into the living room. I sit on the far end of the couch and switch on the tv. I click on some random movie and fold my legs on the couch and lean back into the couch. From the corner of my eye, I can see him looking at me but I ignore him.

He pokes my feet and I glare at him before fixing my eyes on the movie again.

" Amari,"

" Coco puffs," he tries.

" Uh-ma-ri," he whispers yells.

" Baby, come on talk to me,"

" Coco strips,"

I ignore the fact that he just called me baby, so he grabs the remote out of my hand and switches the tv off. " Hey!," I protest

" Talk to me,"

I scoff. " Why,?"

" I admit you look very cute when you are upset but I can't understand why you are angry,"

" Neither do I so, let's just watch the movie... It's really good, " I try to brush the topic away.

I can he wants to talk about it but he just sighs and tugs my legs, placing them on his lap. He proceeds to cover us with a throw that was laying on the other couch before pressing play.

For the duration of the movie, we didn't speak. He seems to be enjoying it because he let out a few chuckles here and there. On the other hand, I was looking at him. He hasn't shaved in a while because I can see the shadow of his beard. He looks good like that. I watched as he frowned, scoffed, and laughed. And I would stare as he occasionally licked his lips. How would they taste? Are they as soft as they look?

I was brought out of my thoughts when he padded my knee. " Are you good?" He asks.

I nod and divert my eyes to the tv.

Fuck you universe.

¶¶¶