Switch it up

| Chapter 17 |

-••••-

Shawn pov

Cocoa butter with a hint of vanilla. A very addictive scent that I have no problem being a victim of. I don't know if it's the fragrance itself or the person that wears it, either way, I love it.

I have been awake for probably an hour now but I refused to move, I didn't want to risk her waking up. Instead, I inhaled her scent and enjoyed her smooth skin against mine.

Creepy I know

But I adore this woman. Yes, she can be random and a little on the crazy side but that's exactly what made me fall for her.
She's complicated that's for sure, but that's only because of the unfortunate events she's been through. I know it will take a lot more than McDonald' to break down her walls and that's a challenge I willingly accept.

She makes a sleepy sound and starts moving around, meaning she is about to wake soon.

" Morning " I murmur with my head still nuzzled in her neck.

" Let me sleep," she whispers back, probably still half asleep.

" Amari," I say squeezing her.

" Hmmm"

" Let me make you mine," I say, and I feel her body go stiff.

" No," she replies, so quietly that I wouldn't have heard her if we weren't cuddling this close.

I knew she would say no. She always does. But I'd rather be told no a thousand times than to make her feel pressured or uncomfortable but there's one thing I know for sure and that is that I don't mind trying and trying again.

" Maybe next time"

"Maybe," she says, her body relaxing into mine once again.

We lay in comfortable silence for what seemed like hours and I was even about to go back to sleep until a phone rang causing me to groan.

Amari untangles her from mine and moves to answer the phone. "What," she snaps.

She should really stop answering calls like that.

" How do you know he's here,"

" But it's so early" she whines, to the person on the call.

" He's busy,"

" Ugh, you are making it really hard to like you,"

" Hmmm, okay... Bye-bye now." With that, she hangs up and turns to look at me. She looks breathtaking in the morning. Even with a bonnet on her head.

" Your Indian friend wants you home," she says and that's when I remembered that we had plans to go see Iris game today.

" What time is it," I ask getting out of bed. She covers her eyes again like she did last night and picks through her fingers to check the time.

" 12: 22"

Shit, Iris is so going to kill me. I hurriedly put on my jeans and t-shirt and run over to Amari and give her a quick peck on the forehead before grabbing my jacket and shoes. " You should revise the stuff we did yesterday... I'll quiz you when I come over later," I say putting on my shoes.

She removes her hand from her eyes to glare at me and I smile at how cute she looks.

-••••-

I push my way through the crowd to get to the front. Somehow Raj managed to save me a spot in the front row. The games started about 45 minutes ago but hopefully, Irises' team hasn't played yet.

" I'm here, I'm here... I'm here," I say gasping for air.

I really need to exercise.

" you look like a wet dog," he laughs. " Your sisters' team is coming up next,"

" I made it, "

" Barely... You still have yesterday's clothes on, " he observes.

" Yeah, I didn't get time to go home, "

" So are you and her are... You know, " he asks, doing a humping gesture with his hand.

" Hey... Look the game has started, " I say to Raj before cheering with the rest of the crowd.

-••••-

" You did great Chipmunk," I say pulling Iris into a hug.

" I know, " she says pulling away before doing a victory dance.

" Now let's go EAT, " Raj says pulling us to the car.

We arrive at McDonald's and take seats at the corner table. We were happily stuffing our faces with food.

" How come grandma and Chris weren't at the game," I ask dipping a chicken nugget in some bbq sauce.

" She took Chris to the dentist today to get a tooth removed, " Iris replies

" It's probably all th-..., " I was cut short by the sound of my phone ringing. I answer without checking the caller id because I already know who it is.

" In what book was all that stuff about credit scores, " she asks with some movements in the background.

I laugh at how predictable she is." You haven't studied since I left, have you?"

She scoffs." Did too, "

" Oh really, "

" SIMPING," Raj and Ires say in union causing me to glare at them.

¶¶¶

Authors note

... please note that all chapters are from Amaris' point of view unless stated otherwise. Thank you ✨