Fascinating

| Chapter 6 |

-••••-

My mood went from 100 to 0 after that conversation. We silently walked the rest of the way before stopping in front of my house. " While this is me, "

He looked at my house in awe. " Dude you live here,"

My parents were loaded and since I was an only child I inherited everything, that includes this three-bedroom house which I in by myself.

" Yeah," I reply dryly

He frowns " Did I say something wrong?"

I walk up to the house and unlock the door and step in before turning around to face him. " Well goodbye," I try to close the door but he stops it with his foot.

" Can I get your number?"

" Why "

" How else would I contact you," he says.

Groaning I give it to him and shut the door.

-••••-

"Why do you even care? " I ask myself for the hundredth time tonight. " You didn't even want to be his friend in the first place,"

Ugh

No, I can't. I shouldn't have agreed.

Why am I letting the redhead get to me? Sighing I take out my phone to start reading. I haven't read in a while because he is always around and I'm still embarrassed about what happened last time.

Before I know it it's 10 pm and I'm in the kitchen fixing myself a hot plate. Since my parents used to work a lot I kinda taught myself how to cook. And I'm pretty good at it if I may say so myself. Once I finished eating I completed one of my assignments and did some studying.

After a warm bath, I got into bed around 12:34 and slept. My peaceful slumber didn't last long as my alarm started going off. With my eyes closed, I swiped the screen on my phone to shut it up.

I was about to go back to sleep until I heard a voice " Hello,"

I was spooked. " wh...who's there? "

The voice laughed. " it's me Coco puffs, "

Ginger but how did he get my house? I looked for my phone which I found beneath the covers to see that I'm on a phone call. I face palmed myself for my stupidity.

But why was he calling at 1 am, has he lost it? "Is this a booty call? "

" Do you want it to be? "

Groaning I lay back with the phone at my ear "what do you want Ginger, it's past midnight. "

" I wanted to hear your voice,"

I frown. " dude we practically talked a few hours ago,"

He chuckles lightly " I know, but I also want to know if you are okay,"

"I was before you called, "

" Hmmm, are you angry with me?"

I yawn. " yes, you are disturbing my sleep,"

" I'll you go back to sleep in a few, I just want to get something off my chest first,"

" Spit it out Red,"

" Look, I probably didn't use the right words when we talked so I just wanted to say that I wanted to get to know you because you fascinate me and although I know I kinda forced my way into your life...I really want you to give this a try, " he says in one go.

He doesn't pity me, he finds me fascinating. I don't know if that's a good thing but I'll take it. " Sure, goodnight Red,"

" Night Coco, "

That night I slept well. I have a friend. A real friend. Hopefully, I don't mess it up. He has been nothing but nice to me and I have been nothing but rude. I'll do better.

For Red. My friend

¶¶¶