Bundle of joy

| Chapter 7 |

-••••-

Great news guys, it's been almost a week since I tripped or did something stupid. Is the universe finally giving me a break? I don't know what I did to deserve it but I'm questioning it.

Thank you universe

I managed to clean the house without any problems. After my spring cleaning session I wash my hair and do a body routine a saw on TikTok. Once done I get dressed in an oversized t-shirt with some biker shorts paired with some fluffy hamburger socks. I take out a wine bottle and a few snacks and put them on the small table in my living room before running back upstairs to go get a throw.

Ding dong.

I quickly run back downstairs and grab a bat before walking to the door. No one has ever come over to my house so it's either a kidnapper or someone I pissed off. Or maybe I just read too much. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

I hear another knock as I start unlocking the door. Slowly I start opening it and come face to face with a smirking idiot. Sorry I meant person. " What are you doing here?"

He scoffs and pushes past me, inviting himself in before sitting on my couch. To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. Who does he think he is? I quickly stomp after him.

" You have a nice place," he says casually as he helps himself to my snacks.

I'm so shocked I don't even know how to react. Why is he here? Luckily I cleaned the house today! Where are his manners? I should probably hit him with the bat for good measure. I swear if he eats another chip I'll chop his fingers off?... All these thoughts hit me at once. So being the practical person I am, I focus on the important one

" if you want to keep your hand I'd back away from the chips, " I warned.

" Always a ray of sunshine aren't you, " he places another one in his mouth before turning to face me. His eyes slowly scan me from head to toe before focusing on my exposed skin " damn girl, you have legs,"

The urge to hit him with the bat was really strong, but today I'm not going to choose violence. Sighing " Red why are you here, " I ask as I put the bat down and sit down on the couch next to his.

" I came to visit you," he says and I almost believe him until I scan his attire and the backpack.

" You didn't need to get all dressed up to visit me--- and what's with the bag, "

" I'm going to a party after this and the bag is for a friend," he starts pouring himself a glass.

" Hmmm, " I tried to ignore how comfortable he is making himself and the fact that he showed up unannounced.

" What were your plans for the day, you know before I arrived, " he asks before taking a sip of the drink. Then he frowns "I can't say I'm disappointed,"

I fight a grin while trying to respond
" Nothing much just Netflix, " I lie, not wanting to tell him that I was about to binge read.

" Did you have lunch yet?"

I shrug " Nah,"

He takes a huge sip of the glass before standing up "let's go then, I'm starving, "

" Drive-thru, " I suggest because I'm lazy to change. He nods as he makes his way to the door.

So much for staying indoors right?

I lock the door and find him standing in front of a nice black car. I would describe it in detail but I don't know shit about cars.
I walked to the passenger side and he opened the door for me. I entered silently and put on my seatbelt.

Once he got in on his side he started the car and we were on the road. " Is there somewhere, in particular, you want to go?" he asks with his eyes fixed on the road.

I think about it for a second "McDonald,"

" I knew we were meant to be," he says dramatically with a hand on his heart.
"We are like Lilo and stitch,"

" Who is Lilo, " I asked raising a brow

" Okay, maybe not that," he taps his fingers on the steering wheel " Sanjay and Craig perhaps,"

I give him a slight punch " yeah you are Craig,"

" You shouldn't abuse the driver," he says rubbing his arm with his hand "and I can't be Craig because I'm a bundle of joy,"

I scoff " and who told you that,"

" My mother," he replies pulling into the drive-through

"Order?"

¶¶¶