Chapter 93

The investigation of Wang Changlin was conducted by the state and was very secretive, so Lao K only heard some rumours about it. About Wang Changlin, Lao K always had some sense of discord; even though he and Shen Xi were united in the matter of revenge against the Shen family, Lao K had never fully trusted Wang Changlin.

Although in Lao K's opinion, Shen Xi's cooperation with Wang Changlin had ended and no matter who Wang Changlin had offended, it had nothing to do with Shen Xi, but considering the relationship between Lu Gesen and Wang Changlin, Lao K still revealed this news to Shen Xi.

"Someone is secretly investigating Wang Changlin?" Shen Xi was very surprised.

"En." Lao K's tone that had been flirtatious became serious, "The other party is not easy to mess with, and this matter is very secretive, I just vaguely heard the rumours. I suspect that Wang Changlin has offended someone, do you think we should alert Lu Gesen?"

Lao K's speculation made Shen Xi frown slightly. Most of Wang Changlin's recent actions were related to the Shen family. Could it be that the other party was doing it for the Shen family's sake? But Shen Dehan was lying in the hospital. Who in the Shen family would have such great power? And if the other party was doing it for the Shen family's sake, what was the use of investigating Wang Changlin? Or was he wrong and the other party was not doing it for the Shen family but had some personal grudge against Wang Changlin?

As Shen Xi thought of it, he was already planning to warn Wang Changlin. After all, Lu Gesen and Wang Changlin were very close, and for Lu Gesen's sake, Shen Xi did not want Wang Changlin to have any accidents.

"I see, I will tell Lu Gesen."

Now that Shen Xi was notified, Lao K quickly put the matter behind him and turned to another question, "When are you planning to leave?"

"Probably next weekend. We are still packing. Just in time to wait for Luowei to finish recording his single and go together. Are you sure you don't want to go with us?"

Lao K was very moved by Shen Xi's invitation, but unlike Shen Xi, he had a lot of trivial matters holding him back, so he couldn't be as free as Shen Xi. He had no choice but to say, "You guys go first, I'll go after I'm done here." After thinking about it, Lao K added unceremoniously, "Remember to leave me a bedroom with an incomparable sea view."

Shen Xi couldn't help but smile, "The whole island is ours, you can stay anywhere you want."

Five years had passed and the Shen family's affairs were finally over. Without Shen Group, the Shen family was nothing. Whether it was Shen Dehan who was bedridden, or Shen Ji or Shen Cheng, not to mention Shen Rong who was a parasite of the Shen family, without Shen Group's signboard that adorned the façade of the Shen family, they could only fall off their high clouds. It would not take long for the entire Shen family to be forgotten by the high society of Zhongjing, and the century-old legacy of the Shen family would stop here. Shen Xi had already achieved his goal, and there was no more point in staying in Zhongjing.

After he hung up the phone, Shen Xi's eyes fell on the luggage he was packing. He hesitated whether to call Li Mingxuan. When the two of them broke up earlier, Li Mingxuan had left without taking anything with him, and until now his things were still here. Shen Xi did not know whether he should tell him to come and pack his things, or simply leave the apartment to him when he left.

He was about to press the familiar number hesitantly when the doorbell suddenly rang. Shen Xi's heart pounded wildly, and he instinctively felt that the person who was coming at this moment was none other than Li Mingxuan. Trying hard to suppress the complicated emotions in his heart, Shen Xi took a deep breath and opened the door with a calm face.