Chapter 13

Waking up from a hangover, Shen Xi felt nothing but a splitting headache.

Struggling to get up from the bed, Shen Xi looked at the familiar surroundings and his crumpled shirt, and for a moment was in a daze.

He remembered that he had been drinking at the bar last night because he was in a bad mood, and he seemed to have gotten drunk. What had happened? How did he get back?

Shen Xi rubbed his temples as he tried to remember his experience last night. It seemed that someone had asked him where he lived and he seemed to have said something. Was it the waiter from the bar? Could it be that he called a taxi for him?

Shen Xi fumbled for the glass of water beside the bed. He didn't care how long ago the water was poured into it, picked up the glass and eagerly raised it to his mouth. However, as soon as he swallowed a mouthful of cool water, Shen Xi noticed that something was wrong. The glass was filled with honey water.

Shen Xi looked at the half-emptied glass of water suspiciously. Where did the honey water come from? Could it be the hotel staff who made it?

Shen Xi's mind was in a state of confusion; he could not think of anyone other than the hotel staff who could have made it for him, so he put the matter aside and did not take it to heart.

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, Shen Xi felt refreshed. When he took his mobile phone, there were two missed calls, both from Lao K. Shen Xi dialled back without hesitation.

"Hello."

"One good news and one bad news, which one do you want to hear first?" Without wasting any time Lao K simply got to the point.

Shen Xi leaned back on the sofa relaxed and spoke lazily, "The good one first."

"Shen Dehan commissioned an investigation into Chu Qianqian's background yesterday afternoon."

Shen Xi raised his eyebrows, "So soon?"

Lao K smiled, "Guess Chu Qianqian must have left a deep enough impression on him yesterday."

"What about the bad one?"

"There was another client this morning who asked to investigate the background of Chu Qianqian."

"Shen Ji?" He was the first Shen Xi thought about.

"No, it's Shen Bixue."

Shen Xi was surprised, "Aunt?" Then he smiled lightly, "This is actually considered good news, right? After all, my aunt's reaction also confirms that Chu Qianqian really left a deep impression on Father."

Lao K smiled, "Do you need me to do anything?"

Shen Xi mused, "No need, just follow the normal procedure."

Hanging up the phone, Shen Xi sat on the sofa and pondered. Yesterday, when Chu Qianqian appeared, his father and aunt were together. His aunt must have learned Zhou Mingmei's lesson and it was reasonable for her to be suspicious. The key point now lay with Chu Qianqian. He just hoped she would start off brilliantly and nothing unexpected would happen in the middle.

While Shen Xi was still asleep, Li Mingfei ran to the hospital early because of a conversation he overheard yesterday. Only after searching around and not finding Shen Xi did Li Mingfei realise his behaviour was too impulsive. He didn't know why he was so eager to see Shen Xi after hearing his mother's words yesterday. There was nothing he could do; neither could he make his uncle treat Shen Xi better, nor did he understand anything. So, probably the only thing he could do was to drink with Shen Xi to save him from getting drunk alone.