Chapter 67

The door of the ward was pushed open forcefully, interrupting the conversation between Shen Dehan and Shen Ji.

Shen Ji's expression darkened slightly, and he turned around dissatisfied. He had received a call from Li Mingxuan not long ago and thought that the person coming would be Shen Cheng. But his brow furrowed when he saw the visitor at the door.

At the door of the ward, Chu Qianqian stood panting and holding the door handle, and it was obvious how anxious she was. At this moment her gaze was softly falling on Shen Dehan's body, her expression full of worry, "Mr. Shen."

The originally gloomy face of Shen Dehan became lighter and vaguely filled with joy, "Qianqian."

After Shen Dehan called her "Qianqian", Chu Qianqian's eyes turned slightly red and she nodded, holding back her tears. She seemed to want to be by Shen Dehan's side, but she was afraid of Shen Ji and did not dare to get too close. Shen Dehan's eyes naturally turned to Shen Ji as he discontentedly patted the hospital bed, straining to speak, "Qianqian, come here, Ah Ji, you go out first."

A trace of self-deprecation flashed in Shen Ji's eyes. He said nothing, walking straight towards the door of the ward. Shen Ji's dryness caused Shen Dehan to stare a little, then he quickly thought of something and added, "Shen Group matter will be done according to what you said, I will inform the directors as soon as possible."

Shen Ji paused slightly in his steps and nodded faintly.

As the door to the ward slowly closed behind him, a self-deprecating smile overflowed from Shen Ji's eyes. He turned to walk towards the elevator when out of the corner of his eye he saw Shen Cheng standing against the wall.

Shen Cheng's expression was very odd, worried, indignant, guilty, mixed with the joy of revenge, all kinds of emotions twisted together. Shen Ji's heart sank as he recalled the sudden arrival of Chu Qianqian and something vaguely clicked in his mind. His expression turned grim.

"It was you who brought her here?" Suppressing his anger, Shen Ji questioned in a low voice. Both brothers knew who this "her" was referring to.

Shen Cheng, who was originally leaning against the wall, struggled to stand straight at Shen Ji's questioning, gritted his teeth and nodded.

Shen Ji did not expect Shen Cheng to admit so simply, and sadness welled up in his eyes, "Why?"

Why? Shen Cheng held the answer in his heart. He wanted to say it was because Shen Ji looked down on him, because Shen Ji had claimed to be the best to him, only to turn his back and show disdain for him in front of his father. He was just angry, just wanted to get back at Shen Ji by making him unhappy too, that's why he had the driver take Chu Qianqian to the hospital on an impulse. But after seeing the emotions in Shen Ji's eyes, Shen Cheng suddenly could not say these words. Avoiding Shen Ji's eyes, Shen Cheng acted as if he didn't care, "I thought that Father should be happier to see Miss Chu in this state, so I brought her here."

This reason was even more unacceptable to Shen Ji. He would rather Shen Cheng had deliberately let Chu Qianqian come to stimulate him because they had an argument. Shen Ji's eyes gradually turned cold and he looked at Shen Cheng in silence for a while before turning and leaving in disappointment.

Shen Cheng vaguely felt that he seemed to have made a mistake, but when he looked at Shen Ji's alienated back, the call for "Big Brother" stuck in his throat, and he could not let it out.

Shen Ji returned to the company quietly. In one morning, Shen Group shares had fallen to 80 yuan per share, and Shen Group market value had evaporated by a full third. Shen Ji thought that things had already gone bad and there couldn't possibly be any worse news, but unexpectedly he saw his assistant's anxious look as soon as he returned to the office.