Second task

Drusilla's POV
Today was the day of the second task and we were all heading down to the black lake.

Albus put his wand to his neck which helped him project his voice, causing some of the people near him to flinch from the sudden loud voice echoing down their ear "Students, last night, a treasure was taken from each champion, and is now currently lying at the bottom of the Black Lake. Each champion will have one hour to collect the treasure and bring it back to the surface. Champions, your time begins on the Cannon." Albus explains to everyone. As soon as he finished speaking the cannon sounded and three out of the four champions dived into the water.

The only champion not to dive was Harry Potter, he appeared to be chocking on something. Moody gave him a push and he fell in, not so gracefully. After about a minute of being under, Harry resurfaced doing a back flip, Gillyweed.

It was a boring forty-five minutes until one of the champions resurfaced, it was Fleur. She came out saying something about a grindylow.

After about five minutes Viktor comes up with Hermione, another minute and Cedric is up with Cho Chang, but there is no sign on Harry.

Then I saw a blob of ginger, and a blob of white blonde hair. "Gabrielle! Gabrielle!" Fleur came pushing through the crowd of people, shouting in a heavy, thick accent. She ran and knelt down at the waters edge trying to reach the blonde blob.

Both blobs had now resurfaced and we're swimming over to the platforms. The blonde blob was a young girl, about 8 and the ginger blob was Ron Weasley.

Five minutes after both of them had been on the platform and had a towel around them, did Harry come shooting out of the water and land in a heep on the platforms floor.

Fleur came running up to Harry, who has being suffocated with towels being wrapped around and thrown at him, and kissed him on both cheeks. "Thankyou, thankyou, you saved her even though she was not yours to save." She thanked him. She the went up to Ron and said "And you. You helped?"

"Well, yeah, kinda" I think Ron was in a format of trance.

"Thankyou." Fleur then kissed him on both cheeks and walked off pulling Gabrielle along with her.

"Merci" Ron replied to her retreating figure, touching his cheek where she kissed him.

"Miss. Rossalini, can I see you for a minute please." Albus called me over.

"Of course, how can I help, Albus?" I asked kindly.

"Can you talk to the merfolk, please." Albus asked me kindly. (A/N: I know Dumbledore can speak it in the books but he can't in this.)

"Of course, what is it I will be asking?"

"What happend while the champions where down there." Albus clarified.

"Can you tell me what happened while the four champions were under water, please?"

"Well, the female came up after being attacked by a grindylow, but she and the boys in yellow was using a bubble-head charm. The boys in red, the older one, transfigured his head into a shark, and the young one used Gillyweed."

"Who arrived first?"

"The female never arrived, then the young one, but he wanted to save two, and so my people attacked, then the one in yellow, followed by the one in red."

" I thankyou for your co-operation." I thanked after our conversation in mermish.

I repeated all that the mer-person told me back to Albus and the I left, feeling I was no longer needed.

I got into one of the boats and travelled across the lake. When I arrived on land, I headed straight for the stables and took Silent for a ride.

Everyone was just getting to land and I was hidden in the forbidden forest, watching everyone laugh happily with friends.

I heard a low scream come from behind me. I made Silent gallop towards where the sound had come from only to find Barry Crouch Sr. lying dead on the floor.

I rushed for help, I went straight for Albus, by the time we got back Harry, Hermione, Ron and Haired were all surrounding the now dead man. I may not like him, but I don't want him to be dead.

We all agreed to keep this little incident to ourselves and not tell anyone, we all thought it would be for the best, otherwise, if people knew, we could be blamed, that happened to me back in Rome, 44AD, when I found Julius Caesar dead. I went to Greece for a while after that.