The yule ball

A/N: I know it's not but the Yule ball is a Masked ball. Thought you ought to know.

Drusilla's POV
It was now Christmas eve, the night of the Yule ball. I'm trying something risky tonight, something that I haven't done in a long time. I'm going out without my cloak.

Back in the old days, everyone who came from a decent family knew how to dance, dance every dance, and me, being who I am, am highly respected, I knew how to dance. I do enjoy dancing, but it must be ballroom, modern music is just jumping around, not dancing. Dancing is to let your body take over, to move to the beat, without knowing the beat, to feel the music in you, not just jump up and down on the spot randomly.

I left myself forty-five minutes to get ready, twenty-five of those were spent in the shower.

I just stepped out of the warm water and was imedianltly brought back to reality by the cold air.

I dried my self and put on my fluffy dressing gown, it was warm. It's not that the cold bothered me, I mean, I'm cold blooded, but I can still feel the temperature, and when you just get out a steaming hot shower...

I did my makeup. I don't normally wear it but the fact that no body has seen my face in several centuries, I felt like I need to make an entrence, and make up is one way to do that. My make up was pale pink lips, and if it was anyone else, they would have blended into their skin, but because I am so pale, they still stand out. My eyes were a thick line of eye liner and neutral eye shadow, but my eye brows were strong.

When I finished my make up, I moved on to my hair. I moved my middle parting to a side parting and then curled it. I then left it down to cascade down my shoulders.

When I was finished, I put my black dress on. My dress was a simple, black dress, that came down to my mind thigh. Although it was short, I didn't mind because it was like a skort. (you know ballroom dancers have like shorts that are part of the dress, it's like that) I then slipped my simple, classic, heals on. They were matt black and covered my toes.

I then put on my mask. My mask I have had forever. It was made specially for me so it was shaped for my face, this means that it didn't need to tied on. Just incase somebody knocked me, I put a spell on it preventing it from coming off, until I intentionally remove it.

Now that I was finnished I started to make my way down to the hall. I was about 10 minutes late so everyone would be down there, but they wouldn't have gone in yet.

I was getting ready in the room of requirements because otherwise I would have had to walk up the stairs and that isn't quite as dramatic as walking down.

I confidently turned the corner and into the view of everyone in the hall. I still had a couple of stairs left, making me higher than anyone else, so everyone's eyes were on me. I don't usually like it when all the attention is on me, but for some reason, tonight I did.

Some of the boys mouths fell open, while some of the girls gave my death glare, because their dates mouths had dropped open. What was even better, nobody knew who I was.

Everybody was too busy staring that they didn't realise the doors were open, but I did so I just walked through the middle of everybody and into the hall.

It had been about an hour and a half now and everybody was still looking at me. A few people had asked me to dance, but I turned them down. I don't know why but I really wanted George Weasley to ask me to dance.

As though he read my mind, he came up to me and bowed extending his arm, "Would you care to dance m'lady?" He asked in a posh voice. I remember when every woman was asked to dance like that. I hated it then, but I liked it when George did it. Although he was in a mask, I knew it was George because of the eyes, his perfect, chocolate brown eyes.