The choosing of the champions

Drusilla's POV
It has been a few day since I have arrived and today lessons ended after lunch, the first time I was actually happy about the tournament.

I was sitting in the great hall for the goblet of fire to choose the champions for the tournament. Everyone in the hall was anxious and on the edge of their seats.

"Silence!" Albus called over all the hall, and silence he got. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires one more minute." After this I just tuned out. This is the same speech given before every tournament.

The flames from the goblet suddenly burst into a bright red flame and one single flame shot out to Albus' out stretched hand. A slightly charred paper was left in his hand.

"The champion for Drumstrang is Viktor Krum." Krum stood up and walked to the front of the hall, along the teachers table and then into a chamber off the side.

Then the flames repeated the dance they preformed only moments ago and again Albus caught the paper.

"The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!" Albus called. A pretty blonde girl stood up from the Ravenclaw table and did the same as what Krum did.

The flames appeared again. "The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory" He shouted. A handsome boy stood up from the Hufflepuff table and did the same as the past two champions.

"Now-" Albus started but was cut off by the goblets flames extending again.

"Harry Potter." Albus said quietly. "Harry Potter!" He shouted this time. The whole hall turned to look at the Gryffindor table. A black haired boy with emerald green eyes was pushed up by a frizzy haired girl next to him.

"He's a cheat!" was shouted followed by "He's not even 17 yet" from various people around the hall.

Harry got up and started walking the same way as the others, only he had a very confused look on his face.

"Students off to bed, teachers follow me." Albus ordered. I was never one to follow instructions, and I headed to the chamber.

Once all the teachers were in I crept in and hid in the shadows.

"He can't compete, he's just a boy." Minerva said.

"He must. The goblet has a binding contract." I said with out moving out of the shadows. Everyone turned around to face me, or my direction as they couldn't see me myself.

"Who's there?" Igor asked confidently. I stepped out of the shadows slowly.

"Me" I said simply.

"Who ever she is, she is right." Bartimus said.

"Of course I'm right." I said in a mysterious way.

"Miss. Rossalini, what are you doing here." Albus asked still covering for me, forgot about the four students in the room. Also the men high up in the ministry, the ministry don't like me much.

"I thought my expertise could be of use. Back in Italy, at home, we have diary entries from ancestors, I have read them all, and one was of the day the goblet was created and by one of the main people involved in creating it." I lied smoothly, with a convincing cover story.

Really, I knew because I was one of those who helped create it. At the time I was I unaware of what it was I was creating and only agreed to help to make my kind seem more co-operative. When I found out what it was, I begged for them not to continue with the tournament and destroy the cup, I tried to tell the ministry how dangerous this tournament was. I felt guilty in helping them. The ministry wouldn't listen and claimed it was to bring the different schools together and that my kind and I was more dangerous then the tournament.

My cover story was believed by all. "Well, thank you Miss. Rossalini but you really must be getting to bed, it is late." Albus said, a kinder way of saying 'go away or you'll blow your cover'.

For once in my life, I did what I was told and left to go to my dormitory, while on my way all I could think about was 'why did hey being this tournament back?"