fourty seven

Luke.
Two days later.

Soon we were discharged and Tate was beyond ready to go home, missing Lily more than anything, but she had gotten a nice "vacation" with Michael.

I helped Tate into the backseat with Thomas, who I had already buckled in and made sure was secure.

"All good?" I asked her, earning a solid nod before I shut the door.

And then I drove my babies home.

Tate.

I gently rubbed my finger across the bridge of his nose, mesmerized by what had came out of my body.

"You okay? You're quiet." Luke spoke, making me smile.

"Yeah, just looking at him." I hummed, earning a smile from him.

Soon we were home and he carried Thomas in, hearing a screaming Lily as soon as the door opened.

"Mommy!" She yelled louder than I've ever heard her, making everyone quietly shush her, seeing her face fall.

"He's sleeping princess." I immediately told her, seeing her smile come back before she hugged me tightly.

I kissed her head several times before I noticed her gaze staying towards Luke, who had set Thomas' carrier on the counter and was taking him out.

"Want to hold him?" I asked her, seeing her immediately nodding at a fast pace.

I sat on the couch with her, propping a pillow on the side I wasn't on and Luke carefully brought him in, the baby looking much smaller than he does in my own arms.

"Nine pounds of cuteness." Luke smiled as Michael took a first look, his face softening.

"Nine fucking pounds." Michael whispered, a shocked expression as he looked to me.

"And a four inch rip." I mumbled as Luke carefully set him in Lily's arms.

She was completely silent as she stared to his sleeping body.

"Why's he asleep?" She asked slowly.

"Because he's a baby, they sleep a lot." I told her calmly.

We let her gently touch his face, give him kisses and whisper to him.

"Okay, I done." She announced after maybe ten minutes.

"Michael, want to hold your nephew?" I asked, seeing him immediately smile.

"I absolutely do."

Soon Michael left, leaving Luke and I go unpack and give Lily attention.

Luke.

"Do you need to pump?" I asked Tate, knowing the three hour mark was coming around and Thomas had yet to wake up ready to eat.

"Probably" I heard her say, and I could tell from her voice, she was tired.

I rounded the corner, seeing her a Lily on the couch, a blanket covering them- a movie playing and Thomas sleeping in a bassinet right beside them.

I grabbed the stuff for her, bringing it to her, which made her sit up.

I helped her set it all up, and soon she was situated, pumping into the containers.

"What are you doing?" Lily asked quickly.

"Getting your brothers milk." Tate spoke easily.

She was beyond confused.

"From your boobs?" Her reaction immediately made both Tate and I laugh.

"Yes baby, mommy makes milk for Thomas" I explained slowly.

"Our milk comes from you?" Her eyes were huge, which made me immediately start recording her.

"Not your milk, just Thomas'. And when you were little, you drank it too." She told her, the shocked expression never leaving her face.

"Let me see." Lily spoke, moving the her knees on the couch.

"Lily" Tate laughed as Lily lifted her shirt, trying to see under it

"It's just a pump right now lily." I explained slowly.

But she wasn't taking that as an answer.

After a few minutes, Tate took the pump off, showing Lily the milk, which was thankfully full.

"Gross" was her simple response.

Soon Thomas woke up crying and Tate immediately tried to bottle feed him her breast milk, but he was refusing the bottle.

She ended up just doing straight breast feeding, which caused even more questions from Lily.

"Mommy I don't like this." Lily spoke as Tate tried her best to explain what was happening.

"He's hurting you," Lily spoke quickly after, trying to take Tate's hand off of him.

"He isn't baby." Tate spoke to her.

"I have to feed him- this is how he eats for now." She finished.

Lily continued to stare, making Tate look to me, laughing lightly.

"Daddy, make them stop" lily whined, looking straight to me, but I was so shocked I couldn't move.

She called me daddy.

I looked straight to Tate, who's eyes were wide, but she was smiling.

"Lily" I spoke, grabbing her quickly, making her immediately laugh out.

"I love you."

"I love you." She responded