thirty nine

After not even ten minutes of Michael holding Lily, she was out cold on his chest.

We went to my old bedroom, laying her down, Tate kissing her sleeping face multiple times

"She's getting so big." Tate spoke quietly as she looked to her, making me smile.

"They tend to do that." I hummed, making her roll her eyes, hugging me.

"I miss my little baby, who only wanted me and only needed me." She spoke into my chest, making me rub her back gently.

"She still needs you, more than ever." I spoke to her, kissing her forehead as I did.

She kissed me back almost immediately

"Luke" she spoke quietly

"Hm?" I bummed back to her.

"I need you to stop being so sweet to me, because I think I have baby fever, and those two combinations are not good." She spoke, making me immediately laugh to her.

"I'll never stop being sweet to you." I told her firmly.

"But I also don't think that a little baby would be the worst thing." I spoke quietly to her, hearing her hum.

"I didn't tell myself that I'd never put myself through pregnancy again" she whispered quietly, making me grab her face gently.

"Why?" I asked carefully, not knowing how she would react to any of this.

"My pregnancy, birth and then healing experience was traumatic." She spoke quietly.

"Which of course- Dylan had just started being mean to me and I was a first time mother with no one there to help me and I was pretty young, i kinda set myself up for it." She told me.

"You didn't set yourself up for a traumatic experience- Dylan was supposed to be there for you." I told her, feeling angry at what she possibly endured that she's yet to even tell me.

"You're right." she mumbled, wrapping an arm around me.

"But- it was all worth it, because now I'm happier than I've ever been" she smiled as she looked up to me.

I smiled back to her, "well, whenever it comes down to us having a baby or not, just know- I'm not going to let you go through anything alone, I promise you."

She kissed me once I said that

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." She exhaled out.

But little did she know, the ring in my suitcase was going to make that happen