twenty-three

Luke.

I carried her sleeping body inside the house- seeing Calum and Ash, who immediately stood.

I brought her to my room, laying her in bed beside Lily before joining them back downstairs where we all had a beer and i told them the entire story.

"Shes a good person." Calum exhaled.

"I dont think i couldve had that much mercy if i went through what she did."

Most people wouldve kept him on the machine- never allowing him a good value of life again, making him suffer- even if he did wake up.

"I think i love her." I told them slowly as they looked to me, smiles on each of their faces.

"We can tell."

Soon Michael got home, joining us.

"Shes going to get all of his life insurance money." He cleared his throat.

"I mean- part of it will have to go to a funeral, but the rest is in her name." He spoke, sipping his beer.

I didnt know how she was going to react to that.

"Well-" i was cut off by Lily's small body appearing at the top of the stairs.

"Mommy is sick"

Within seconds that one sentence had all four of us standing in my bathroom- myself holding her hair as she threw up, the others asking me questions about how much medicine i gave her.

"Its all the right levels for her weight- i dont know-" "i dont take well to medicines." She finally spoke, whining lightly.

"I always get sick when i take anxiety medicines or anything of the sort, the doctors dont know why." That managed to relax us all.

Soon the guys left and i determined that she was still weak and tired from the medicine

"I wanna shower." She wined after she insisted on brushing her teeth- leaning into my chest.

"Baby- youre shaking- i dont think its safe." I told her calmly.

"Luke" she whined out.

"Stop being such a doctor."

I laughed to her lightly, kissing her forehead.

"What about a bath?" I compromised.

She gave in, nodding slowly.

I ran a bath for her, putting a bubble bath rinse in it, knowing she loved it.

I sat on my bed, listening to her quiet hums, before hearing a small "luke?"

"What baby?" I asked gently.

"Want to join me?" Her voice sounded tired.

"You want me to join you?" I laughed lughtly, knowing that she doesnt ever even want me to see her in just a bra and shorts.

"I mean- you cant look at me, but- i want you." She didnt have to say anything more.

I joined her, sitting behind her, feeling her back immediately rest against my chest, my arms wrapping around her body, her hands stopped me from fully grabbing her, intertwining my fingers with hers.

"Can i ask you a question?" I asked slolwy.

"Mhm" she hummed out.

"You know that i think youre perfect and that id never hurt you." I spoke slowly, feeling her head nod.

"Why do you hide your body from me?" I asked.

She exhaled immediately

"Dylan put me through some crazy shit when it came to my body and sex- or anything revolving around that." She told me slowly.

And from that point on she told me he would rape her- quite often and then tell her insults that werent even true, no aftercare- nothing.

"So im sorry that i hide from you-" "dont be sorry." I interrupted her.

"Just know that none of that is true, at all- and id never do anything to hurt you." I spoke, squeezing her hand.

"You never got to ask me the question from by the lake" she pointed out, somehow able to make my heart rate increase immediately.

"Oh yeah." I spoke, kissing the back of her shoulder gently.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Her head turned to me, an adorable smile on her lips.

"Yes."