fourty two

Luke
One month later

Thankfully, after several more crying trips to school- Lily finally adjusted and was beyond excited to go to school with friends, which was a weight lifted off of Tate.

I was currently at my desk, holding a crying Tate in my lap, trying to figure out exactly why this was happening and her 'not even knowing'

"I'm just sad." She cried into me as Calum walked in, his eyebrows immediately showing concern.

"Shes just sad?" I told him slowly, seeing her look to him.

"Stop judging me." She spoke to both of us as she wiped her tears off.

"Are you stressed?" Calum asked slowly.

"Not really." She spoke slowly, continuing to wipe her face.

"Not to intrude or accuse- but you've been really emotional over the past few months, maybe you and I should sit down and do some blood work and a check up," he spoke slowly as she leaned her head on my shoulder, exhaling.

"I'm fine, I just get waves of emotions- I'm not sure what's up." She exhaled slowly.

Oh God.

"That could be a sign of depression, Tate, maybe you and I should really sit down-" "when is your period?" I interrupted.

I could tell this caught them both off guard.

"I don't know i just had a small one a few weeks ago-" "as small one as in what?" I asked, Calum immediately catching on.

"Can we not talk about this right here?" She spoke, seeming embarrassed.

"We need to get you a pregnancy test." I told her, seeing her eyebrows move together.

"I just had a period like four weeks ago-" "could've been implantation bleeding." Calum cleared his throat slowly, trying not to intrude.

I watched her eyes scan my own.

"But we haven't-" "we have." I almost laughed out to her, managing to make her smile as she spoke again.

"So pregnancy test?" She questioned slowly, making me nod.

"We can do a urine and a blood test, to be positive." Calum chimed in, making me nod.

"Let's do it."

I got her three pregnancy tests, waiting outside the bathroom as she took them, us both almost running back to my office with them as they loaded.

I held her tightly as we waited, feeling her kiss my cheek gently.

"I can't look." She spoke as the timer went off, telling me it was ready.

So I looked

All three tests had very visible lines.

"Oh baby girl." I spoke, feeling myself immediately get excited.

"You're pregnant." I spoke, seeing her face immediately light up.

She kissed me firmly, before looking for herself.

"We're gonna have a baby." She whispered happily,

We still did the blood draw, rushing them to labs where as soon as they came back- Calum announced to us that it was true.

"Im sure we can get her in for an ultrasound in a week or two-" "go ahead and get her down." I told him, seeing him nod firmly.

"Congratulations you guys."

We went back to my office, myself immediately going to order her prenatals and anything else I thought she needed asap, but as soon as I looked to her- she was crying.

"What's wrong?" I panicked.

Was she not happy about this?
Was she scared?

"I'm happy, I promise." She almost read my mind,

"But I'm also terrified."

"I almost died giving birth to Lily, so the thought of that is scary, but also- what if Lily doesn't feel as loved?" She spoke, tears steadily gliding down her cheeks,

"Oh baby" I wiped her tears slowly

"You and I- along with her three, Dumbass uncles will make damn sure Lily never has to question how much she's loved,"