thirty four

one week later
Tate.

Luke had been working night shift the past three nights in a row, meaning We didn't get to see him much.

He'd leave for work as I was getting Lily ready and situated for bed and he'd come home and be able to sleep in bed with me for maybe an hour before Lily woke me up, and I'd take her into town so we didn't risk her waking him up.

To say the least, I didn't sleep well without him and being in a new house, and Lily certainly wasn't happy either, this schedule also impacting her time with Michael due to them all being on night shift.

Currently, I was watching Lily have a total meltdown as Luke held her, trying to say his goodbyes.

"I'll be back before you even know it-" "I don't want you to leave us." She continued to sob.

"I'm sorry baby- two more nights of this and we will be done." He told her, kissing her forehead.

Soon he calmed her down enough to where he could whisper to her and I watched with a small smile on my face as they whispered to each other.

"Pinky promise." I heard him say, watching her bring her pinky to his, wrapping them.

"Okay, hugs." He spoke, making her move to hug him, now completely okay.

He soon stood, coming to me with a smug smile.

"How'd you do that?" I asked, smiling to him as he pecked my lips gently.

"Cant give away all my secrets."

He kissed me multiple more times, hugging me into him before deciding that he had to leave.

"Okay- take the sleeping pills on the counter to help you tonight, because you have not been sleeping enough at all- everything will be okay." He told me as I nodded.

He kissed me once more

"I'll see you in the morning, I love you." He spoke.

"I love you more"

"Never"

Lily and I finished the night off strong, I showered as she bathed, us both getting into pajamas.

We laid on the couch together and I put on Moana, taking the pill that Luke told me wouldn't knock me out to where I couldn't wake up, but would relax me enough to sleep.

I checked all the locks and made sure the alarms were on, laying back down with Lily in my arms.

"Can we sleep here tonight, mommy?" She asked me calmly.

"Sure baby." I kissed her head gently.

She ended up falling asleep on my chest and I worked around her, finishing some homework that was due before I felt actually tired, making me know- the pill was working.

And soon, I was asleep.

I woke up to a warm liquid hitting me.

I opened my eyes- immediately noticing- it was puke.

"I'm sorry mommy" she immediately started crying.

"It's fine baby." I told her.

We went to the bathroom, where she immediately began throwing up again.

I took my shirt off, it being soaked in throw up, running around in just my sports bra and shorts.

I got her some medicine, making her take it in between her throw up urges.

I pulled her hair into a small bun, pulling mine up as well.

I texted Luke, explaining to situation.

Lily continued to throw up, not being able to keep any liquids or medicines down.

I began to worry, texting Luke multiple times- no response.

I texted the other guys after about the tenth time, panicking myself in the process.

I threw on one of Lukes shirts and a pair of vans, preparing to take her to the ER.

She was crying, begging me not to leave her, letting me give her as many hugs and kisses as she needed.

She threw up again- this time it was blood colored.

So I didn't hesitate any longer.

I got her in her car seat, telling her to aim for the bowl if she needed to throw up but if she didn't make it in the bowl- it wasn't a big deal.

I parked at the hospital, almost running into the ER with her, panicking.

Luke.

I was just finishing up with a patient when a nurse came to me

"Doctor Hemmings- a Tate in your phone has texted you multiple times" she spoke.

It was 2am, she never texts me that late.

Just as I asked for my phone, I saw her enter.

She was holding a crying Lily, her own cheeks flushed red, her baby bag in hand with a Gatorade tucked in her other hand.

"Baby-" "she been throwing up for like an hour- I've tried to give her medicine and she can't keep it down but this last time, it was red like blood-" she spoke so fast, she was panicking.

I look Lily into my own arms, immediately feeling her hot skin.

"Follow me" I told Tate, heading into an ER room with her.

I took Lily's vitals, the only thing not normal being her temperature a few degrees over.

I made Tate tell me the medicines she tried to give her- Tate almost crying as she did.

And the last one caught my attention

"Baby, relax." I told her, kissing her head.

"Luke, my baby threw up blood-" "it wasn't blood," I told her

"Bismuth contains an underlying red and pink pigment- which is what she threw up, it just looked like blood, it was just the medicine." I told her calmly.

"Are you sure?" She was panicked.

"I'll do an echo on her stomach to be positive- but I am 99% sure about this, I'm sure she just has a stomach bug."

As I did the echo, the guys joined us, them all agreeing that it was only the medicine that gave it the red color.

I did an IV, which made her cry immediately, not happy about it having to stay in her arm, but Michael was able to almost instantly calm her.

I gave her medicines and fluids before moving to Tate, seeing her bloodshot eyes and panicked face.

"You can relax now."