thirty seven

Luke.

I rubbed her back gently as she laid on her side, letting me do so.

I kissed her shoulder gently as I rubbed down her spine, making her hum.

"You okay baby?" I asked her, kissing her back in a few different places, making her slowly face me, kissing my lips gently.

"So I've been thinking" I mumbled to her, seeing her eyes blink to me slowly.

"We have a trip to Australia planned to go visit our family- we as in the guys and I" I spoke slowly, watching for a reaction on her face.

"Okay" she spoke back to me slowly.

"I want you and Lily to come with us. To meet my family." I told her, seeing her eyes widen.

"But if not I understand, it's a long light and Lily is still little-" "Luke, I'd love to- we would love to." She stopped my consistent talking, making me immediately smile.

"That makes me so relieved." I told her immediately

I had her proposal already planned
I had the ring she had picked out several weeks ago

My parents knew, my brothers knew.

I was beyond ready to have her with me for the rest of my life.

I kissed her gently, feeling her smile into it.

I love you so much.

one month later.

"Michael- please wake up Lily!" I heard Tate yell from the bathroom as I grabbed our bags, us all already over thirty minutes late.

"I would love to" he responded immediately, going to grab her.

Tate came out the bathroom, sleepy, but smiling.

"Ready?" I smiled to her as she grabbed her carry on bag.

"Beyond."

We were soon all piled into one car- heading to the airport, Michael and Lily the only two in the car talking.

We got to the airport, Tate guiding Lily through the security and baggage check.

Tate then carried Lily as we all walked to our gate, the excitement of us going home overwhelming us.

"You are getting almost too big to carry sister." Tate exhaled as we picked seats, her setting her down in it.

"Never." She spoke firmly, making her smile.

"If only you could just stay our little baby forever." Michael hummed, kissing her head gently.

"Mommies baby." Lily spoke firmly, making Michael gasp.

"You're not uncle Michaels baby?" He asked quickly.

"Nope only mommies." She smiled as if she was proud and Michael pretended to cry until she reached out for him to hold her, which he immediately did.

Tate.

Soon the plane allowed boarding- and it was a huge plane, which didn't surprise me considering this was a nine hour flight.

I got Lily situated between Luke and I, herself more than excited to fly 'like a bird' due to Michael's explanation of flying to her.

But about an hour into the flight- I realized, my baby girl did not take flying well.

We was either throwing up, crying or panicking because her ears were popping,

Luke and I currently stood together in the tight bathroom, us both trying to relax her enough to where we could at least sit with her.

"Sick" she cried out, immediately gagging.

"Motion sickness," Luke whispered to me as I held her in distance of the toilet, kissing her gently and telling her that she was okay,

"Do you have any medicine?" I asked him, seeing him shake his head slowly "security would've threw it." He explained.

"Maybe the flight attendant?"

He left seconds after that suggestion, Michael coming to us, letting me fill him in slowly on what was going on.

"My poor baby- we will be sure to get her medicine for the flight home." He spoke, rubbing her back gently as I held her

"No more flights." She cried out.

Luckily, Luke came back holding medicine- in pill form.

"It's pills but it's melatonin and a motion sickness medicine."

We started with the motion sickness, trying to show her examples of how to swallow it.

She just cried instead.

I ended up putting it at the very back of her mouth and just making her drink, and luckily we got it down- not stopping the immediately cries she gave me from making her drink.

We then gave her the melatonin, which was thankfully dissolvable- so we just let her take it on her own.

Immediately after that, she moved to Michael- saying that she was mad at me.

Soon we were all able to sit down, getting comfortable.
Lily was asleep within thirty minutes, Michael still holding her- but not far behind her.

I leaned onto Luke's shoulder, feeling him kiss my head gently.

"I love you" I told him as I felt him intertwine our fingers.

"I love you more" he responded swiftly

"Never."