sixteen

Luke.

The next day we took it slow.

I took off so that I could help the girls adjust to the house and get them everything they needed.

I took Tate shopping, arguing with her almost everytime we had to check out over who was paying.

She continued to reassure me that it wasn't her money, but I wanted her having no connection to him at all.

After that, we went the the court and told a lawyer the entire situation.

The lawyer recommended that we press chargers, but since Tate was still unsure, she went ahead and filed a lawsuit that would help Tate get full custody of Lily along with divorce papers.

"So I'll call you guys as soon as we serve him and let you know what he decides to do. If you decide to press charges within the next twenty four hours, let me know." She smiled towards us, dismissing us from her office.

"So you think I should press charges?" Tate asked me quietly as I drove them, hearing Lily humming in the backseat.

"Personally- yes." I spoke firmly.

She bounced her knee lightly.

"But I can see why you'd hesitate." I told her.

It was always hard for victims to come forward, they always had the chance of being dismissed.

"Just take you time, as long as you feel that he isn't going to put your life in anymore danger, I'm supporting you."

We got home, organizing all of her clothes in my room, which she didn't want to do, but I didn't give her a choice.

"Let's go swim" I spoke, hearing an immediate gasp from Lily.

"Swim!" She yelled out.

We all changed into swimsuits, Tate putting floaties on Lily as I got in, letting my body adjust to the cooler temperature.

"Luke catch me!" Lily screamed, almost full sprinting to jump to me, luckily I caught her without thought, holding her as I brought her body into the water, her giggles prominent.

"No more running by the pool, lily." Tate spoke quietly as she got in, sitting on the second step of the pool.

I joined Tate, watching Lily swim laps, her floaties assisting her in the process.

"Come on." I spoke, moving towards the deep end.

"Can't swim" Tate almost grinned out.

"But Lily is swimming laps without hesitation?" I immediately asked.

"I got my child into swim lessons because I knew I couldn't swim." She spoke to me.

"Come on, I'll hold you." I told her, grabbing her hand gently.

"Luke." She spoke quietly.

"I promise, I won't let you go." I spoke.

Her eyes looked straight into mine, the look of worry on her face making me smile lightly.

"Trust me, wrap your legs around me"

She sighed, slowly grabbing me, allowing me to guide her to the deep end, where I could still touch.

"See? Not too bad" I told her with a smile, feeling her arms wrapped tightly around my neck.

"Just don't let me go" she spoke, managing to laugh lightly.

"Never." I told her immediately.

I ended up holding her a Lily, Lily immediately telling me a firm

"That's my mommy."

"Someone's jealous." I told her back immediately.

"No- she just holds me." She spoke back without hesitation.

"Mommy has love to share with everyone." Tate cut us off, kissing Lily's cheek gently.

"No kisses for Luke?" Lily asked, making us both laugh lightly.

"Yeah? No kisses for Luke?" I mocked, seeing Tate laugh towards me before gently touching my cheek before placing the softest kiss to my other cheek.

"See? Love for everyone."