23 || Self Expression

A/N: Was just watching Born This Way for dialogue and stuff and realized it specified that Quinn transferred from Belville in 8th grade 😭 (i said Elida in 9th grade) It's really annoying me because I'm a perfectionist but I'm going to take a deep breath and not do the work of editing every chapter and my entire storyline. Debating rewriting it later on tho. Anyway - sorry about that and on with the story!

----------------

Quinn and I pretended the "I love you" had never happened, which was fine because I hadn't been ready to say it anyway.

The next day at school, she reported that Karofsky had been allowed to return to McKinley because he and Santana had started a no-bullying club - oh, and they were now (abruptly) dating. I suspected this was some plan of Santana's, since she would never be desperate enough to go after Karofsky. I decided I wasn't going to forgive him ever - or at least anytime soon - for all the torment he'd caused Kurt. Quinn, Tina, Richard, and Alan all agreed with me when I'd explained how frustrated I was.

Thursday approached like an accident waiting to happen. I got to school, crossing my fingers that I wouldn't come across Karofsky the whole day (as unlikely as it sounds). But of course, my wishes were not met as I saw him coming towards me with Santana, both dressed in red berets and silky red jackets with "BULLY WHIPS" plastered on them.

I walked quickly, trying to swerve around and dodge them but Santana grabbed ahold of me first. "Listen Maya-"

"I'm gonna be late to my first class, can I just go-"

"-can you just hear us out for a minute?" she finished in a hushed tone. I sighed. She flipped her hair. "Thank you. Now, David would like to say something to you." When he looked reluctant, she stomped on his foot, probably thinking I wouldn't see.

"Agh- Okay... I just wanted to say that I'm... really changed now and I'm not going to bully Kurt anymore. I really didn't mean anything I said to him and I hope you can forgive me."

I stared at him in disbelief. "If you think I'm going to forgive you that easily, then you're an idiot, David Karofsky." I mean, what did he want me to say? He bullied Kurt, physically and mentally. He made him cry countless times no matter how brave Kurt tried to be. He non-consensually kissed Kurt and he threatened his life. Not to mention how he's bullied all my other friends as well; off the top of my head I can think of how I heard he broke Alan's arm in the 9th grade and how I watched the aftermath of him insulting Tina with a group of his friends and how I comforted her while she cried.

So again, I will not forgive Dave Karofsky anytime soon, no matter what anyone says.

----------------

"I walked across an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand

I felt the earth beneath my feet

Sat by the river and it made me complete"

...

It was the day after I'd been notified of the "Bully Whips" and I now saw Kurt standing right there, being serenaded by none other than Blaine Anderson and the Warblers. I felt really angry that his parents had spent all this money for this school and he was coming back to McKinley? I still don't think it's safe for him and I don't support him coming back, no matter how much I missed him.

Quinn obviously wasn't thinking about Kurt and only the song as she rested her head on my shoulder. 

"This could be the end of everything"