chapter 15

Gabriel returned back to his room and a few minutes later, Mabel started waking up.

Once Mabel was fully awake, Gabriel picked her up from her crib and he headed towards the bathroom.

Gabriel layed Mabel onto the changing mat on the bathroom floor and he took Mabel’s dirty diaper off, which was full of urine and faeces, Mabel started kicking her arms and legs into the air and she started whining, “it’s ok princess, just let me clean you up and then we can get you some breakfast” Gabriel said while massaging Mabel’s head.

Mabel instantly calmed down to her father’s touch and Gabriel held Mabel’s feet together as he wiped her buttock front to back and he put a fresh diaper onto Mabel’s bottom.

Once Gabriel had disposed Mabel’s dirty diaper in the bin, he picked Mabel up and he placed her on his shoulder and they headed towards the dining room.

Gabriel sat Mabel in her high chair while he was cooking breakfast, once breakfast had been made Gabriel fed Mabel while he was eating his own breakfast at the same time.

Gabriel and Mabel were playing games together like hide and seek, block tower, puzzles, etc.

It was 1 o’clock in the afternoon when Gabriel got a text from Nathalie saying “hey babe, just to let you know I’m awake and a little hungry, could make me a light snack and a glass of water, if its not too much trouble", Gabriel replied saying that it's no trouble at all and that he’ll be there in 2 minutes.

Gabriel sat Mabel in the sofa and he put her favourite cartoon onto her, while Gabriel got Nathalie some fresh strawberries and yoghurt from the fridge.

Once Gabriel had finished making Nathalie’s snack, Gabriel picked Mabel up from the sofa and they headed towards the guestroom that Nathalie was in.

Gabriel knocked on the door and once Nathalie had said “come in" Gabriel pushed the door open and he closed it behind him, Gabriel walk up to Nathalie’s bed and he placed the tray with yoghurt and strawberries in her lap.

“How you feeling” Gabriel asked still feeling itchy and burning, Nathalie replied. While Nathalie was eating, Gabriel was standing next to her with Mabel in his arms.

Mabel started reaching for Nathalie, but Gabriel pulled her away and he told her “You can’t go by mummy my princess because mummy is ill", Mabel started becoming fussy and cranky, Nathalie felt helpless because she couldn’t calm her baby down because of her chickenpox.

Gabriel smelled Mabel’s bottom and he could smell a bowel movement in her diaper, “come on my smelly little princess, let’s clean you up and then you can take a nap, I’ll be back in a bit Nathalie, don’t go anywhere” bye Gabriel.

Gabriel headed towards his bathroom and he layed Mabel onto the changing mat, Mabel started kicking her arms and legs into the air and she said “me no lie down, me no lie down”.

Gabriel made Mabel stand up on the changing mat because she didn’t want to lie down, Gabriel got the wipes and he told Mabel to open her legs, so he could wipe her down.

Mabel wouldn’t open her legs and she said “I’m scared” it’s ok, my princess, all you have to do is open your legs a little bit, so I can clean you and then you can take a nap, ok, Gabriel soothingly spoke, while rubbing Mabel’s right shoulder.

Mabel calmed down and she opened her legs a little bit and Gabriel wiped her from front to back and he put a fresh diaper onto Mabel’s bottom.

Once Gabriel had disposed Mabel’s dirty diaper in the bin, he put Mabel to sleep in her crib and he turned the lights off, to let her sleep in peace.