chapter 6

Mabel was know 6 months old and she was playing with adrien for a little while until their parents called them for dinner.

Once everyone was sat around the dining table, everyone started eating apart from Mabel, "Mabel are you ok" Nathalie asked I'm fine mummy, Mabel replied.

Once it was bed time, Nathalie took her pyjama top and bra off and she tried to position Mabel, but she kept squirming.

Mabel, please behave Nathalie asked politely "no I don't want to have milk", do you want to have a diaper change instead, Gabriel suggested no, said Mabel.

Come on Mabel, we can't leave you in a dirty diaper all day, Gabriel took Mabel out of Nathalie's arms and he headed towards the bathroom to change Mabel's diaper.

While Gabriel was changing Mabel's diaper Nathalie was putting her bra and pyjama top back on and then Gabriel asked her to come here.

Once Nathalie entered the bathroom, she could hear Mabel crying and her face had gone red "what happened" Nathalie questioned.

"I don't think she's feeling well" Gabriel replied, look at her diaper it's full of diarrhoea and it look like she's in pain.

Once Gabriel had finished cleaning Mabel's diaper he tried to sooth her and once she had calmed down, Nathalie took her temperature which was 38C, I think tomorrow we should call a doctor just to be on the safe side because she has a light fever.

Gabriel and Nathalie put Mabel to sleep in her crib and they both gave her a peck on the cheek, before they went to bed themselves.

In the middle of the night Gabriel and Nathalie both woke up to the sound of Mabel crying and they both went to her crib to see what's wrong.

Nathalie picked Mabel up from her crib and she grabbed a tissue to wipe the drool off Mabel's face and Gabriel gave Mabel a few sips of water and then both Gabriel and Nathalie went into the bathroom to change Mabel's diaper.

When they were in the bathroom, Gabriel undid Mabel's diaper and both Gabriel and Nathalie could see the amount of diarrhoea that was in her diaper.

Once Gabriel had finished changing Mabel's diaper, Nathalie checked her back and she was really burning up.

Nathalie then took Mabel's top, trousers and vest off, but she left her diaper on because the last thing that they needed was Mabel having an accident.

Mabel started crying again "it's ok, it's ok my baby girl, I know your not feeling well but you'll be ok" said Nathalie while she was soothing her stomach.

Mabel ended up sleeping in between Gabriel and Nathalie for comfort and even though they had to keep changing Mabel's diapers which were full of diarrhoea, the night felt restless for both Gabriel and Nathalie and their daughter who was in pain.