chapter 12

Gabriel, Nathalie and Mabel were fast asleep, in the middle of the night Nathalie woke up to a pounding headache that wouldn’t go away, so she quietly slipped her night slippers on and she started walking towards the kitchen.

Once Nathalie was in the kitchen, she made herself some chamomile tea, once she had finished her tea and tidied away, she felt too tired to walk all the way upstairs, so Nathalie layed down in the sofa with a blanket draped over her shoulders and she fell asleep.

In the morning, Gabriel woke up and he noticed that Nathalie wasn’t next to him, he quickly got out off bed and he pressed his ear against the bathroom door, but he couldn’t hear any water running, so Gabriel knocked on the bathroom door and he shouted “Nathalie, are you in there”, but there was still no answer so Gabriel opened the bathroom door and to his surprise Nathalie wasn’t in the bathroom.

Gabriel sat on his bed thinking about where could Nathalie be and if she was ok, Gabriel’s thoughts were interrupted by Mabel who had just woken up and was know standing in her crib.

Gabriel picked Mabel out from her crib and they both headed to Adrien’s room, they opened Adrien’s bedroom door and they slowly woke Adrien up, once he was fully awake, he asked “where’s Nathalie” I don’t know, Gabriel replied but were going to search for her after breakfast, you could help us before you goto school, if you want to.

 “Ok father” Adrien replied and he went into the bathroom to get ready for school, while adrien was getting ready for school, Gabriel took a shower, got dressed, changed Mabel’s diaper, got Mabel dressed and once they were all ready, they headed towards the kitchen and Gabriel sat Mabel in her high chair and Adrien sat next to her while Gabriel was cooking breakfast.

While Gabriel, Adrien and Mabel were eating breakfast, Nathalie woke up and her head started hurting and her stomach was acting up is well.

Nathalie got up from the sofa and as she walked to the kitchen she saw Gabriel, Adrien and Mabel eating breakfast, Nathalie leaned her head against the wall and with a blissful smile she said “hi guys” Gabriel, Adrien and Mabel turned around to look at Nathalie.

Gabriel and Adrien ran up to Nathalie, but Nathalie stopped them and she gave Gabriel, Adrien and Mabel who was still sitting in her high chair a kiss on the cheek.

“Where have you been, I was so worried when I noticed that you weren’t in our room" Gabriel exclaimed “I woke up in the middle of the night and my head was pounding so I made myself chamomile tea and then I felt too tired to walk up the stairs so I fell asleep in the sofa” Nathalie replied.

Adrien waved his father, mother and his little sister good bye as he headed to school.

Nathalie reached for the cupboard and she took some ibuprofen and she drank some water with it, so that it would be easier for her to swallow.

Gabriel walked up to her and he layed a hand on her back, Nathalie are you ok, your back feels really hot? No, I feel terrible because my head is hurting and my stomach is acting up, “do you want anything to eat” Gabriel asked no thanks, Nathalie replied.

Nathalie sat in between Gabriel and Mabel as they were finishing their breakfast, once they had finished their breakfast and Gabriel had washed the dishes, Nathalie picked Mabel out of her high chair and she sat her down on her playing mat, while she lied down in the sofa.

Gabriel sat next to Nathalie, massaging her side while keeping an eye on Mabel.