Hostage

"So, we received a 911 call at 9:30 pm, stating your location and the situation." Gray said. He was fixing his papers.

"Can you-.. I mean.. Can I hear it?" I said. "Well, sure. If you'd like to." He said, fixing his hair and walked towards a computer. I followed him and he opened the audio.

"911, This is an emergency. Uhmm... I saw a sniper at the top of the building next to Jans' hospital. The sniper is aiming towards Police officer Lucy Heartfilia's room. Please come immediately." Then the call was cut, and the voice unmistakably belonged to Natsu.

"We went and the caller was right. And strangely enough, we found the sniper dead on the other side of the building, he was shot by a pistol." Gray said. "The police officers that came also saw it."

I was dead silent. He came.. To save me... Natsu, who tried to kill me once before.

"Well,.. Don't worry about him now, shortie." Gray said, laughing. Gray's always there to cheer me up.

I was lost in thought but suddenly returned when the emergency bell rang. Gray suddenly became serious and dashed towards the door. I followed him.

"Lucy? Why are you following me?" He asked, embarking his car. "Well, I'm your partner?" I told him like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He just stared at me in shock. "But you have an injury." He said. But I didn't care, I entered his car too.

"Well, wasn't it an emergency?" I said smugly. Gray just sighed and drove.

We arrived at a tall, empty building. Many police officers are surrounding the building. Civilians are panicking all around. There were also cameras all over the building.

"What is happening in here?" Gray said, loading a gun.

"A hostage. We were asking about what he wants. He wasn't replying." Elfman answered.

"He?" Gray questioned "A single man?".

"Affirmative." Elfman said.

"A single person, but why are there dozens of police men?" Gray demanded, getting impatient.

"Sir, he has approximately thirty people under hostage." Elfman answered.

Gray and I was taken aback. Gray begun to take him seriously.

"Let's Ask him what he wants again."

Gray commanded. Elfman gave Gray the megaphone.

"Police Officer Gray Fullbuster on the megaphone. You are surrounded. I repeat. You are surrounded." Gray said. "We can talk about this." His voice echoed. Nobody uttered a word anywhere, waiting for a reply.

"Not we... I need to talk to a certain person."

All of us looked up to the direction of the voice. There he stood. His voice was muffled by his mask. He was holding a remote.

"Address the person." Gray said, looking at him.

"Lucy Heartfilia."