Regrets

Natsu gasped in shock and he took a step forward, lowering his gun. But I did it, I ran towards the window and dived.

As I descended, there was this strange falling sensation that I have. I felt like I really have fall out of heaven.

"HEARTFILIA.!!" Natsu shouted in despair. I stared at him. And then I heard people below shouting. Natsu looks like he was distressed. My heart sank faster than I just dived. I slammed to the ground and took a heavy impact on my left arm.

Then I blacked out.

I didn't know anything else but regret.

Regret.

~~~~~ Natsu's P.O.V. ~~~~~

My heartbeat hammered, It felt just like a sledgehammer. My mind was racing. I'm sweating bullets. I gasped and took a step towards her.

She looked back at me.

No. She is going to jump.

She ran towards the window and I ran, trying to hold her. No, No, No!!

And then she fell. I panic. The color drained from my face. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety rushed in my veins.

"HEARTFILIA.!!" I shouted in vain.

But then, while she was falling, she looked at me. She looked at me with an unreadable expression.

The people below realized what's going on and they screamed and shouted.

Then she collided with the solid concrete. She just lay there, motionless and unconscious.

"NO!!" I shouted and slumped down on my knees. Tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes. I was trembling. I looked below and saw people panicking and surrounding her. I saw someone call the police.

Then my phone rang. I answered.

"Dragneel. Get out of there. Somebody called the police. You got to get out of there." Said a cold voice "I order you to get out of there now."

Then he hung up. I looked at her for the last time. Pain was all over my body as I ran and ran. I rode my motorcycle and went.

I didn't know what was happening. I was supposed to kill her. But why? Why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel remorse?

She fell, and she made things easier. She killed herself. And that was my job. To kill her.

I didn't know where I'm going. But the next thing I knew, I was in my bathroom, leaning towards the sink.

Dang. I let my hood down. Pink hair. Who else has that? They will distinguish me easily. It is my trademark. I'm not even supposed to have this. But it's my natural hair color. They would easily find me.. I'm the one who killed...

I tried to forget. But the voices who screamed and shouted while Lucy is falling kept echoing inside my head.

The image of Lucy, laying down and surrounded by people kept flashing on my mind.

What is this? I don't understand.

I stood up to get some water. My lips were dry but my whole shirt was drenched in sweat. I took a deep breath as I opened my refrigerator. I took a glass of water and felt hydrated.

Then I just stood there. For what felt like hours and hours. Like an eternity. I felt blank.

I sat on my couch and opened the television.

"Police officer Lucy Heartfilia, fell down a building. I saw it!! There was a guy upstairs but he didn't come to help her, He must have pushed her!!" Said a guy who I remembered calling the police. "Could you remember what he looked like?" The reporters asked.

I creased my eyebrows. And leaned forward. I sat straight up.

"He had-uh.. Pink hair!! And he was wearing a black jacket!!" The guy said, trying to remember what I looked like. I look at my jacket. It really is black. "No. He looked rather, fierce. Not soft."

I tapped my fingers on the table, feeling impatient.

"And now we have another news!! This just got in!! Police officer Lucy Heartfilia is in the recovery room, she just needs to recover from her left arm injury but she is not in a fifty-fifty condition. She just broke her arm from the impact."

I didn't push her. She is okay. She lived. It kept repeating on my mind.

I didn't push her.

She is okay.

She lived.

For the first time in the day, I felt relieved.