40 - two weeks

Graduation was coming, and fast

Brooks has been on the move constantly, trying to get things ordered and situated for when he finally graduates—which was in two weeks, now.

Which means Hayden also graduates in two weeks.

We haven't discussed him going to college again since last week. I mean, I think he should go. The rational part of me almost wants to push him to go, because he's got so much talent. But the naive, selfish part of me wants him to stay.

To see what our next move is, together.

But that's when reality slaps me in the face. Because there is no together after graduation. He moves on with life, and I'll be a distant memory to him.

As much as I hate to say it, the thought hurts. It hurts like hell.

But again, I broke my own rules. I can't be mad at anyone except myself. So I've been just cramming for finals, studying as much as I can. Avrey has been wanting me to go to some parties, but I haven't been feeling up to it. Using the studying excuse was becoming old, but really, I was too sad to party and celebrate life when a huge part of mine was coming to an end.

Yay me.

Avrey was talking about her new boyfriend, and I'm really happy she's found someone and she's excited. But I can't focus on anything right now. I just took a history test, but I even though I studied all night, I still couldn't remember half of what was on the study guide.

I was in shit. My grade is already a D in that class. I didn't need to keep failing tests, especially right before exam week.

"And he walked me to the door, kissed me goodnight. No pressure for sex. Honestly, it was really nice." She shuts her locker with a sigh.

"Oh, that's awesome, Av." I smile at her. "Really. I'm happy for you."

She grins, looking down the hall. Her smile slowly falters, so I turn to see Brooks and Hayden walking our way. I smile at Brooks, but I really wanna look at Hayden.

"Hey baby sister," he greets.

"Big brother." I smile, then finally look at Hayden. "You."

He grins, shaking his head. I turn back to Brooks. "Brooks, can you get me a burger and a shake for lunch today?" I pout. "I could really use some comfort food."

"Comfort food?"

"Yeah," I whine. "Please?"

Hayden is grinning, staring at me. Brooks just sighs, lifting up his shoulders. "Yeah, I guess."

I clasp my hands together. "Yay! Thank you." The bell rings, making everyone look up. "You know where I'll be."

He smiles and nods, and we all go our own way. I purposely push past Hayden, letting his hand graze my thigh. I shiver, but keep going.