4 - carefree smile

*A/N: this chapter contains assault and potential triggering content. Please read at your own risk, or skip ahead*

LINA

Did you think about me? Fucking yourself to the thought of the possibility of you and me?

Hayden West was in my head all weekend.

The questions that came out of that confrontation were concerning. I kept thinking, did he really think about me? How many times? Was it only after that day or has it happened more than once since we've known each other? What exactly did he think about?

But then I remembered that it doesn't matter: Hayden West is mortal enemy number one and I would never cross that line.

Did he stir something up in me that night? Sure. I was horny and drunk. But catch me sober and fully satisfied and I would never be affected by Hayden. 

I'm brushing my hair when I see Brooks pause at my doorframe.

"You got five minutes, Nana. Lets go."

I roll my eyes. "So bossy. I'm almost done."

"Yeah, well I'll meet you outside. Hurry up!"

I scoff a laugh and gloss my lips. I look in the mirror and assess my outfit: a white crop top, light grey mini skirt and black knee-high boots. I also grabbed a denim jacket, just in case.

I grabbed my bag for school, slipped my phone and wallet in my purse and headed for the door. I shut the room to my door, as I always double check to do, before I walk down the stairs.

I turn the corner to grab a granola bar when I see Roy in the kitchen, drinking a Bud Light. I roll my eyes and walk past him, opening the cupboard.

"Well," his smoker-raspy voice pricks at every nerve. "Aren't you dressed like a little slut?"

Brush it off, Lina. His words mean nothing.

"Hey. You gone deaf or somethin'?"

I grab my granola bar and look at him. "I'm sorry, I just don't speak bullshit."

I try to walk past him, but he yanks on my wrist and slams my back against the counter, pressing himself against me. I fee immediately disgusted, trying to move away, but he just grips my wrist tighter and twists my arm behind my back.

"When I fucking talk to you, you answer me. You hear me?"

I blink fast, so that tears don't come. He won't see me weak. Not anymore.

"You're not my fucking father," I growl. "I don't answer to you."

Roy smiles that disgusting smile, and immediately I felt repulsed. I wanted to scream, but I knew it'd be no use.

"You know," Roy places his hand on my thigh, to which I try and shove off me. "Sometimes I think you wear this shit to tease me. Just so you can get me alone and flaunt your tight little ass everywhere."

Roy's hand slides up further. At this point, I fight as much as I can, but Roy is always stronger than me. I push and kick and shove, but of course, he raises that hand and slaps the living shit out of me and causes me to stumble back.