Chapter 15

Michael had checked into our hotel, and carried me up the two flights of stairs to our room, even though I insisted that I could walk.

When we got to the room, he gently laid me down on the bed and went into the bathroom to run a bath for me.

I slowly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom, "You're not supposed to walk in here love, you're supposed to be in bed relaxing,"

"Will you join me in the bath? I just want to sit in your arms,"

"Are you sure you're ready for that?"

I nod, "Please Michael,"

Sitting in his embrace felt amazing. He did anything he could to help me feel better. I laid my head back and closed my eyes, listening to his heartbeat.

"You okay babe?"

"Yeah, I'm just listening to your heartbeat,"

"You only do that when you're anxious about something, what's wrong love?"

"I guess I'm a little anxious about living together, and being pregnant,"

"Everything is going to work out baby girl, my only question is, you mentioned being on the pill when we had sex, how did you get pregnant?"

"I don't know, I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation,"

"I didn't mean it like that babe, I'm happy I'm going to be a daddy, I was just curious, that's all,"

I snuggle into his chest as best I can, making sure not to get my cast wet. I was glad to finally be in his embrace, to feel his arms fully wrapped around me.

"Its time to get out love, we need to get into bed and get some rest for the long drive tomorrow,"

"Do I get to lay in your arms?"

"Of course love, you get that every night now,"

He gently helps me out of the tub and dries me off, he hands me one of his shirts to wear to bed, but before he helps me put it on, he kisses my still flat stomach.  "I love you little one,"

"I don't know how it survived," I say, in tears

"I don't know either, but this is our little miracle,"

"I hope that it's yours,"

"Either way, I'm still going to love both of you,"

"I know you will Michael, and we'll love you too,"

He helps me get dressed and carries me to the bed, carefully laying down beside me. "If you need anything tonight, please wake me up, no matter how small it is,"

"I can do stuff by myself babe,"

"I know love, I just don't want you to get hurt,"

"If I need you, I'll wake you up, but be prepared for me to get up.and pee 5000 times a night from now until after the baby is born,"

He laughs, "I can handle that,"

"And no, you don't have to help.me to the bathroom, I can handle that on my own,"

"I know you can love, but you can't bathe  by yourself,"

"I'm fine with a romantic bath with you every night until I'm better,"

"You get those whenever you want them too,"

"When do you want to have sex again?"

"Not until you're healed, and you're ready. I'll never pressure you to,"

I nod, "It'll be a bit, I want to recover physically first,"

"When you're ready, but don't push yourself, I have a hand that works just fine,"

I laugh, "You have fun with that,"

"There's that smile I missed so much,"

"I also want to travel with you, until you go on paternity leave,"

"I wasn't gonna leave you behind, I almost lost you once, it ain't happening again,"

"I love you Michael,"

"I love you too,Lex, now get some rest,"

"You need to sleep too Michael, you're the one driving,"

"I'll sleep once I know you're okay,"

"I'm fine love, I'm just not tired,"

"Then I'm not tired either,"

I gently roll over and kiss him, "your exhausted love, I can see it,"

He yawns, "no I'm not,"

"Michael, get some rest, I'm going to lay right here in your arms, the only place I'm going to go is the bathroom, "

I gently play with his hair until he falls asleep, and I lay there wide awake