Chapter 14

I woke up in a bright room, I thought I was dead, until I felt the pain in my body.

"How are you feeling Alexis?" One of the nurses asks

"Everything hurts,"

She frowns, "You took quite the beating, you've got a severe concussion, broken ribs, and a broken arm, thankfully your baby unharmed,"

"My what?"

"You're pregnant, 6 weeks,"

"Are you sure?"

She nods, "blood and urine tests confirmed it,"

A million thoughts ran through my head. I didn't know if the baby was Michaels, or Brandons.

"Are you feeling up to visitors? There's a group of people in the lobby who want to see you,"

I nod, "You can send them in,"

One by one everyone came in, the girls all lost it when they saw how badly i was hurt, the guys didn't hold it together much better, almost everyone who visited cried.

After everyone had left, Michael came in, holding a bouquet of flowers. He had tears in his eyes as he sat down beside me.

"I'm so sorry Lex,"

"Michael, it's not your fault,"

"I thought I lost you, that text you sent, broke me,"

"I didn't think I was going to make it out alive, he beat me to the point of passing out several times,"

"What else did he do to you?"

I start crying, "He raped me,"

"Lex, this doesn't change anything between us, I still love you, and I'm glad you never have to deal with him again,"

"Until he eventually gets me again,"

Michael shakes his head, "The police shot and killed him,"

"Really?"

"He tried to fight them and they shot him,"

My heart dropped and I started to feel sick. Michael sat beside me and tried his best to comfort me, but I didn't know how I was going to break the news to him.

"There's something I need to tell you, Michael, if you don't want to stay with me once I tell you, I understand,"

"You're scaring me, Lex"

"I'm pregnant, but I don't know if its yours or his,"

Michael smiles, "No matter what, I'm going to be here to help you raise the baby, I almost lost you once, there's no way I'm going to lose you again, I love you Alexis Marie Roberts, and nothing will ever change that,"

"I love you too Michael,"

"Move in with me?"

"What?"

"Please? I want to be there to help you recover, and it'll be easier once the baby arrives,"

"That's a huge step, Michael, are we ready for that?"

"Of course it's up to you, but I think it's a good idea, I can snuggle you every night and wake up to you in the morning,"

"I just don't want to intrude on your life,"

"You're not introducing love. If you aren't ready, I understand,"

"Are you sure?"

He nods, "I'm positive,"

"Okay, I'll move in with you,"

"Really?"

I nod, "When I was being held against my will, all I could think about was you. I just wanted to be in your arms again, Michael,"

He gently kisses me, "well you're going to get that wish and so much more,"

"When do I get out of here?"

"They mentioned tonight, if you're feeling up to it. We'll go back to our hotel and rest for the night, And I'll drive us home tomorrow,"