Chapter 8

I had just finished getting ready for my date with Michael, my stomach was in knots, not knowing what to expect.

I heard a knock on my door, when I opened it, Michael was standing there, looking more handsome than I had ever seen him.

"You look beautiful Lex,"

"Not so bad yourself, Michael,"

He smiles, "Are you ready to go to dinner?"

I nod, "I'm ready,"

He takes my hand into his, leading me downstairs and out to his rental car. He opens my car door for me, and closes it once I'm inside. Once he gets inside himself, he reaches over the center console to hold my hand again.

"Why do you keep looking over at me?"

"I just can't get over how beautiful you look,"

"I feel underdressed compared to you,"

"I feel the same way, that dress looks perfect on you,"

He pulls into a parking lot, I could tell by the building that this was a nice restaurant. He helps me out of the car, and holds my hand as we walk inside.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the prices. $72 for an 8 oz steak.

"I know what you're thinking, yes, it's on the expensive side, but I wanted to do something nice for our first date,"

"I just wasn't expecting this, I'm used to eating off McDonald's dollar menu,"

"Not every date will be like this, only special occasionally,"

"Thank you Michael, you didn't have to do all of this,"

"I wanted to though, I'm showing you how you're going to be treated every day,"

He ordered us a bottle of wine, and I was only a little over a glass in, and I was already starting to feel it. Once our food arrived, I slowly ate. I was still a little nervous.

"You okay beautiful?" Michael asks

I nod, "I'm fine,"

I finally finished eating, my body was starting to sober up a little, Michael pays for dinner, and I down the last little bit of my wine

"Ready to go?" He asks

I nod, "Let's go back to my room and cuddle,"

He holds my hand as we walk out of the restaurant, and once again opens my door for me.

When we got back to the hotel, we hold hands as we walk to my room. I unlock the door, and he comes in behind me.

"I'm gonna change into something more comfy,"

"Go ahead sweetheart, I'll lay here in bed waiting for you,"

I walk into the bathroom, take my makeup off, tie my hair up, and put on one of my long nightshirts. Once I'm done, I got back into the bedroom, laying down beside him. I gently kiss his lips

"Thank you for the perfect first date,"

"You're welcome,"

I look into his gorgeous eyes before leaning in to kiss him again, this time, I try to deepen the kiss.

After a few minutes, he pulls away. "We need to stop before this goes any further,"

"I don't want to stop,"

"I'm not going to take advantage of you when you're not sober,"

"I'm not drunk, Michael, I know what's going on,"

"You're tipsy, Lex,"

"Don't you want this?"

"Of course I do, but not tonight, we've both been drinking, and it's only our first date,"

"Fine," I rolled over, facing away from him

He wrapped me in his arms and kisses my cheek, "don't be upset Lex, I promise it'll be worth the wait, I promise,"

I laid in his arms, not speaking. I was slightly upset that he turned me down. I felt like I wasn't good enough.

"I guess I'll go back to my room for the night, I don't want you to be upset with me,"

"Please don't go," I say, tears in my eyes

"What's wrong Lex?"

"I'm not good enough for you,"

"That's not true," he rolls me over so I can look in his eyes "I want to make our first time together special, and I don't want you to be under the influence of alcohol when it happens, I promise, I want it just as much as you do, just not tonight,"

He holds me in his arms. It doesn't take long before I'm sound asleep.