Chapter 5

My anxiety was extremely high, I kept having nightmare after nightmare about my past with Brandon, I hadn't slept well in days.

I sat outside the venue, knees in my chest, trying not to cry. I just wanted this feeling to go away.

"Everything okay Lexi?"

I lift my head to see Michael standing in front of me. I shook my head, tears in my eyes as I buried my head into my knees once again.

"Lex, what's wrong?"

I couldn't answer him. My breathing started to become erratic, my chest tightened. My worst fear was coming true. Having a panic attack at work.

Michael pulled me into his chest and hugged me, "Come on Lex, deep breaths,"

I tried to match my breathing to his, feeling strangely comfortable in his arms.

"Good job baby girl, keep going," he says gently.

It took a while, but I was finally calmed down to the point where I could catch my breath.

"Do you want to talk about what caused your panic attack?"

I shrugged, "I've been anxious all day," I said. Which wasn't a total lie

"What caused you to be anxious?"

"I don't want to talk about it,"

"If you ever want someone to talk to, I'm here for you, you know that right?"

I nod, but don't speak. I hadn't noticed that I was still in Michael's embrace until now, and honestly, it felt right.

"When is your match?" He asks

"Not for another hour,"

"I guess you should get ready,"

"I don't want to, I don't want to get up,"

"I know, but you have to. and I need to get ready for my match a little later tonight too,".

I slowly got up, leaving the warmness of his embrace "thank you Michael,"

"For what?"

"Being here, calming me down,"

"You don't need to thank me Lex, I hate seeing you upset,"

He hugs me tightly before we go our separate ways. I didn't want to admit it, but I was falling for Michael Wardlow, and fast.