c h a p t e r . e l e v e n

They arrived at the hospital and Hoseok was admitted immediately

The doctor said he'd be okay, it might be a little painful and prickly, but his legs were just slightly frozen.

It was a good idea for him to wear 2 pairs of pants plus thermal pants. The doctor told him to just stay warm, so Zelo took him back home. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were feeling like this, hyung?" Zelo asked once Hoseok finally told him why he was out.

Hoseok sighed and looked down as they sat in the car on the way back to his apartment. "I- I didn't want to bother you while you were with your family and lovers." He said, fiddling with his fingers.

"Hyung, you are family. I've known you for my whole life." Hoseok nodded and continued to stare down at his hands.

They pulled up to his apartment and Zelo kissed his mates before heading to take Hoseok up to his apartment. "I'll see you soon, okay?" Hoseok nodded, "Okay."

He hugged Zelo who waited to watch him go inside, "Call me if you need anything, hyung." Hoseok nodded and bowed, saying goodbye.

He turned around and locked the door from behind as he removed his shoes, coat and outer layers of clothing before walking to his nest in the middle of the living room. He crawled in and looked out his window as the sky grew darker. 

"Another holiday alone, Hobi." 

He said to himself as he watched the snow fall. He turned on his TV, put on soft lofi Christmas music and went over to the large window.

He sat with his knees, touching it and staring at the snow covered scenery before taking out his phone.

No messages.

No phone calls.

No Instagram notifications.

Nothing giving his phone life.

He opened his Instagram and snapped a picture of the lonely snow covered streets, "I'm a bad liar." He typed, sharing it on his page before pressing his forehead to the window.

He found himself slowly crying again, "Fucking stop." He said through gritted teeth. "I know you're fucking lonely. You'll be- fine- for a couple- days." He said, hiccuping and pressing his hand to the cold glass.

His mind went back to what he posted, I'm a bad liar.

Hoseok burst into tears, full on sobbing as he hiccuped hard and accidentally banged his head on the window. He let out a whine and laid back on the floor, crying hard until he fell asleep once again.

Hoseok woke up on the floor and groaned at the pain shooting through his body. He got up and dragged himself to the bathroom to look at himself before bathing.

He stared in the mirror, dark thoughts creeping into his head, but before they could come to his frontal lobe, he pushed them back and stripped.

He looked at how skinny he looked, "It hasn't been that long since I last ate what the fu–" He cut himself off as his phone rang.

He quickly rinsed off and went to find it, "Hello?" He asked, music coming from the other end of the phone.

"Turn the music down." Yoongi hissed, "Hobi baby, we're heading back." Hoseok wrinkled his eyebrows as he ran his bath water, "I thought you guys weren't coming back to Seoul until the 29th."

The call fell quiet, "Babe, it is the 29th." Hoseok's jaw dropped as he pulled his phone away and pulled down his notifications.

December 29th.

His eyes widened as he realized he hadn't eaten and had been asleep for 3 days and a half.

"Baby?"

Hoseok jumped and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror, he cringed and looked away, "Yes, hyung?" Hoseok could hear the smile in his voice, "I can't wait to see you." He said. Hoseok fought back tears as he felt the opposite.

He didn't want his mates to see him in such a state.

"I can't wait to see you too, hyung. I miss you and Chimmy so much–" Hoseok's voice cracked as he began crying.

"Baby, are you crying?"

Hoseok bit his lip and gulped, "N- No. Of course not. I'm just bathing." He said, slipping back into the water. "Okay, we'll be there in about an hour."

Hoseok sat in the water for about 20 minutes before actually bathing and cleaning himself, getting out and drying himself off.

He walked into his bedroom before going to his closet, putting on a muscle shirt before pulling on a thick oversized knitted sweater and some jeans before finding socks and covering his freezing feet. 

He went into the bathroom and blow dried his hair, put on some small hoop earrings and two necklaces. He quickly moved his nest back to his room, leaving the blanket he's been cuddling on the couch.

He jumped at the sound of the doorbell, smiling and going to answer it.