t h i r t y

MINUTE THREE

Well, I'm still alive.

I think I've also been thinking the same stuff over and over again, which is seriously a huge waste of time.

Which is why I'm going to be thinking about my life if my parent's wouldn't have died.  I mean, I haven't thought about it before... right?

What would have really happened if my parents had never died?

--

Charlotte smiled happily, smoothing out her yellow striped shirt, touching the blue ribbon in her hair. She looked out the large window, finding only sky and sun.

Her cellphone ringed.

She pulled out her cellphone, finding a notification from her Instagram page.

sammy_handsome101 has liked your post.

Charlotte flopped onto her bed, scrolling through the small selfies and pictures the two had taken together.

She didn't want to admit it, but she had a tiny- no, massive crush on Sam.

"Char! We're going out for ice-cream!" a familiar voice called.

"Ok, mom!" Charlotte yelled back, stuffing her cellphone in the back pocket of her jeans and running down the stairs.

It was rare that her parents had time to do things like going out for ice-cream, so Charlotte skipped. Even though she was a teenager.

She wanted to enjoy her childhood, before it would sneak away from her.

But little did she know, that would be very, very, very soon.

"What should we listen too?" Charlotte's father, said, turning the knobs on the radio station.

"Hmm, some classical would be ni-"

"Shawn Mendes," Charlotte said, interrupting her mother.

Charlotte's parents chuckled, before turning on a popular song.

The car pulled up to a local shop, Charlotte smiling in excitement.

The family climbed out the car, and walked into the ice-cream shop, and started to select their desired flavor.

Before Charlotte could say that she wanted the butter-pecan flavor, she spotted someone familiar.

"Hey, Sam!"  

Sam's eyes darted to hers, and gave her a smile.  His parents were glaring at hers.  Charlotte thought they were a little jealous of her parents.

My parents asked me what I wanted, and soon, we had our cups of ice cream.  My parents seemed to notice them, and we were all sitting at the same table.