t w e n t y - s i x

I gaped in shock, my mind not processing anything

Peter groaning in pain.

Sam's parents and their guards making their way up to me.

Sam in the doorway.

I stayed still, not even making an attempt to run.  There was no use.  I knew it was coming for me.  I can't just disappear.

Peter came to life.  "Don't touch her," he groaned.

A man kicked him in the ribs, telling him to shut up.

I almost laughed at the situation.  Peter and I had just made up and again, it was messed up.

Two men grabbed my arms. 

"Saw this body on a lingerie site," one laughed.

I bit my lip hard.  I knew that job was a big mistake.  Now it was really coming for me.  

And I deserved this all.

The men dragged me to Sam's parents.  I kept my head up, staring at them in the eye.

"Congrats!  You win."  I muttered to them.

Sam's mother grinned.  "Charlotte Barlowe.  A family friend." 

Who thought they could be this evil?  

Sam was shuffling his feet. 

They had probably threatened him with Julie.  I just knew it.  By the looks of it, Sam had chosen Julie.

It kind of hurt me a little, but I reminded myself that I was the one to leave them all.  

Peter started to freak out.  "GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" he started to yell.

Immediately,  Peter got up to his feet, obviously in pain.  He tried to swing at one of the guards, but-

He fell down.  I mean, a shot guy versus a muscly bodyguard.  Do the math, Peter.

But a small siren could be heard.  Peter must have had a security unit installed.

My heart started to panic.  

Police may be a good thing for the situation as of NOW, but NOW, I'm currently a minor.

I've also done some stuff I don't need laid on the table.  

Sam's parents seemed to take notice.  They ordered the guards to take me to the door.

Before I was dragged out, I met eye contact with Peter.  Peter's eyes were half open, but they still sent me an urgent message.

I wished it was something like, "Don't worry, I'll find you."

But it wasn't.

It was more like a goodbye message.