Chapter 43: Drunk Calls

Right after the game Jordie and I took a golf cart over to the locker room to meet Jamie.

"You know Carey Price is going to be there" He smirks at me as we go through security.

"Stop stop" I giggle "I'm so nervous" I say as I fumble with my fingers.

When we finally get to the locker room Jordie and I have to wait outside for Jamie to give us the okay to come inside. When he finally does I yank the door open so fast and am baffled by what I see.

Sitting there was Jamie and next to him Carey Price celebrating their first win over a small glass of champagne.

But I block out Carey and head straight to Jamie to congratulate him. With open arms he embraces me. "You did so good" I mumble into his chest.

He lets me go from his hold and than pulls a new gold chain from underneath his shirt. He flashes me with the same gold cross necklace my brother use to wear.

"It was for him" He whispers as he squeezed the necklace in his hand. Just than Carey interrupts us.

"Jamie whose the friend?" He questions, a devilish look in his eyes.

"My close friend Nicola, Nic you know Carey"

"Yes big fan" I smile calmly as I shake his hand which was much larger than my own.

"How about we all go to dinner? The three of us?"

"Oh we would but Jamie's brother is here to" I say

"Bring him, it'll be a nice dinner" Carey smiles warmly as he unbuckles his leg pads.

I catch Jamie who winks at me causing me to blush, did Carey price just ask us to dinner?

After we headed to the hotel rooms to change quickly, which for me was jeans, heels and a nice off white shirt.

At the restaurant I got seated next to Carey with Jamie across from me. I had to admit, he was handsome up close. Pictures couldn't do him justice.

The whole dinner we talked about hockey, how we grew up on it, how we ended up where we were today. Carey had a good sense of humor and I found him so easy to talk to.

Jamie got up after dinner to go pay the bill while Jordie headed to the restroom leaving just me and Carey at the table.

"You and Jamie are good friends eh?"

"He's basically my brother" I laugh

"That's good, you need people like that in your life... I was wondering if maybe you wanted to take a walk in the Olympic village, it's a sight to see" He blushes

"Let me just tell Jamie and we can go"

I leave the table, my cheeks burning. Quickly I find Jamie to tell him of Carey and I's plan.

"Don't stay out to late" He says to me as Carey and I leave the restaurant.

"You got it!" I smiled hard at him.

I found myself clutching my light jacket for some warm has Carey and I walked the Olympic village with our arms interlocked. I kept my cool on the outside but on the inside, I was a mess.

"How come you never come to the hockey gala before the season starts?" I question as we approach the Olympic rings.

"Don't like to see my opponents. All I want in my career is a Stanley cup and having friends on the ice gets in the way" He shakes his head.

"Goalies and there superstitions" I scoff

"You go?"

"I've been going since Jamie's first season, that's why I'm such good friends with Crosby and Toews"

"Ah, would you look at that?" He says as he looks up at the Olympic Rings, a sight to see. A strong gust of wind comes and sends shivers down my spine, I did not have the right jacket.

Carey notices my sudden shiver and takes off his peacoat and hangs it around my shoulders leaving him in his team Canada hoodie.

"Thank you" I shiver. Just than we both go silent and he turns to me. His lips are just so close to mine, they're so plump and kissable. God they looked addicting.

Before I knew it our lips came crashing down on each other, moving together in perfect sync.

But kissing him wasn't like a kiss I've had before. It wasn't like kissing it Tyler. Sparks weren't flying and I wasn't watering at the mouth.

God It wasn't Tyler.

"Are you okay?" Carey asks as he brakes away, noticing my lack of interest.

"I'm sorry-"

"It's someone else?" He laughs a little

"I'm so sorry" I shake my head "It's so complicated"

"I think you're making it more complicated than needs to be" He says

I was, what was I doing? I wanted nothing more than to be with Tyler, why was I making it so difficult ?

--

"Live with me Nic. Be free with me. You have no limitations now, live with me. Let's do all we can before your memory comes back" Tyler's lips so close I could feel the heat resonating off them.

And before I knew we were both two helpless, clueless lovers tearing off each other's clothes.

Buzz...Buzz...Buzz

My eyes snapping open to see my phone illuminating on my night stand. Tyler's contact with a picture of him in his glasses appeared on the screen.

I clutched the phone in my hand and looked over at Jordie who was sound asleep. I took the phone and quietly slipped into the hallway.

"Tyler?" I whisper

"Nnn-Nicola" He slurred

"Tyler are you drunk?"

"Maybe, don't really know" He laughs, a loud crashing sound comes from the other side of the phone. "I just tripped" He laughs.

"Oh my Tyler" I laugh a little.

"You're beautiful" He says

"Tyler where are you?" I question in nervousness, knowing his family is home with him.

"In your room" He says "Your bed... It smells just like you Nic"