#16

Please leave a Vote

Chapter 16- Unedited 

"Are you out of your mind!?" I head someone scream and I shot my eyes open coming face to face with a very angry old face. Grandma. She was kneeling next to where I was lying.

"Why on earth would you focus on using your element for the first time in the middle of the night!?" She shrieked making me wince a bit. She was a scary old woman when she was angry.

"And what the hell were you doing in the woods that late at night!? Didn't I tell you not to be reckless? What if vampires found you? A lot of lives are dependent on you Eleanor, stop being reckless" a tear slid down my face, for some reason I couldn't take it when she was angry at me.

"I'm sorry" I whispered getting up in a sitting position, hanging my head in shame.

She cursed under her breath "look at me" she ordered.

Slowly I lifted my head to look at her with tears still rolling down my face, she looked somewhat calm now.

"Please don't do that again, I almost rose from the dead so that I can tell you how stupid you were being" she said in a soft motherly voice.

I just nodded my head, mentally promising myself never again am I doing anything that stupid.

"You're lucky only Rosalia was there in those woods or I really don't know what would have happened" she said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry" I repeated wiping tears of my eyes.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you" she said pecking me on the forehead.

"Its okay," I said leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Who is Rosalia?" I asked

"The witch you met at the woods and the same one you are likely to wake up to" she said with a smile. Her eyes really lit up when she talked about the witch, maybe they were good friends and probably she could answer some of my questions.

"She told me something about living a lie and being deceived, what did she mean by that?" She sighed heavily standing up and living me there on the ground, we were in the same clearing we always meet.

"I wish I could tell you but only Rosalia knows this and she refuses to let me in" she replied.

"Aren't you like watching over me or something?" I asked more confused that she doesn't know what the future held for me.

"I am but Rosalia is a witch, second most powerful, like she would say and she doesn't want me to see this one, apparently you have to figure this one yourself" she replies.

"What if its something bad that gets me killed"

"Then you will die if its your time no doubt about that" she says with a shrug. "Never doubt your the queen, you are an elemental, the queen of elementals. Ethan is your brother as James your grandfather" she continued.

"Then where's the lie in all that because that's what my life basically revolves around" I ask throwing my hands on the air.

"I cannot give you all the answers but Rosalia should be the only person you should trust" she said.

"Yes only me" a sweet voice e said from behind me, turning my head around, I saw Rosalia standing a few feet behind me.

"Are you dead as well? Please don't tell me I can now see the dead" I groaned running my hand on my face. This is just to much for me.

"Well technically since I'm witch I can be anywhere I want anytime" she said with a smile.

She turned to my grandmother smiling at her broadly.

"Eleanora" she greeted with a bow.

"Rosalia" grandma greeted with a big smile.

"I'm sorry to ruin you gathering but I must return the queen back to the living, its almost dawn" Rosalia said, head still hanging low in obedience.

"Ah yes. Guess I'll see you soon Eleanor and please refrain from stupid activities" she said looking at me sternly. I just nodded my head in agreement.

Grandma brought her hands together and parted them after a while. The earth split into half as she did that and I realized that was my cue to leave.

.....................

My eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the harsh light that came from the open window. I was in my room and tucked into bed with my clothes still on. Thank God.

"Welcome back sweetheart" the now familiar voice said from beside me making me jump a bit. I looked to my left and found Rosalia sitting on my desk chair smiling sweetly at me.

"Rosalia, you scared the living shit out of me!" I exclaimed with my hand placed on top of my thumping heart.

"Please call me Rose and live the Rosalia for your grandma" she said ignoring my near heart failure.

"Well Rose just warn me next time you are in the room, I almost pissed myself" she chuckled lightly.

"And miss the look on your face? No, I don't think so" I shot her glare and she doubled over with laughter and soon I was laughing with her.

"Ah I've been waiting for this for a long time" she said composing herself "Do you know how lonely I've been since your grandmother died" she says with a laugh.

"Well it must have sucked"

"Totally" we fell into comfortable silence. It was amazing how I was so at ease with her and the warmth I felt, its like I've known her my whole life.

"Have you ever thought about living this place and finding the other elementals, your people?" She asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

I thought for a second slowly shaking my head, the thought had never crossed my mind at all.

"Nope, not at all" I confirmed.

"You don't belong here Eleanor" she said bluntly

"But I thought I belonged here, like this was home" Well that's what I've been told.

"Well you don't and should consider living" she pressed

"But what about Paul and Ethan and James" I rushed out. Thinking about living them behind was painful.

"Sorry to say this but honey Paul is not part of your destiny and Ethan he'll follow you to the ends of the world" I don't understand

"You don't have to understand you just have to listen" she said sternly.

"Is Paul going to die?" my heart felt like it was being ripped of my chest by just thinking about it.

"Ah well that all depends on you"

"Rose please just tell me what I need to know" I begged

"Where's the fun in that" she asked smiling sweetly. I groaned frustrated with her.

She started getting up like she wanted to live. No no she cant leave.

"You cant leave" I said shaking my head furiously.

"Who said I'm living?" She asked moving so that she was standing at the foot of my bed facing me.

"Catch" she said throwing a small paper which was folded in a square towards me, instead of catching it, it went straight behind.

I turned looking back so that I can find it on my pillow, clenching it in my hand I turned towards her asking what it was but I was met with emptiness. Shit! She played me. I unfolded the paper and found her elegant hand writing.

I'm serious, you have to go