#13

Please vote

Chapter 13- Unedited 

I woke up feeling rested and fresh, for the past five days I've been falling in and out of unconsciousness and haven't left my bed, well except for the time I have to go to the bathroom and when Paul forced me to take a shower. Most of my bruises are healed due to our ability to heal fast. I've been having strange dreams lately, like being killed, being pregnant with a vampire's child and that was the worst dream ever.

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. The door opened to reveal Paul who had a smile on his face.

"Hey you're awake" he said stepping inside and closing the door

"Surprisingly" I replied with a smile of my own. He came towards my bed and I moved slightly to allow him to sit on my bed

"How are you feeling"

"I feel really relaxed" I told him. He seemed nervous and couldn't stop fidgeting with his Jacket and looked anywhere but me.

"Whats wrong?" I asked putting my hand on his shoulder.

He cleared his throat "Uhm... would you like to go out tonight?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh at him, I found it funny that a guy like him could honestly can be nervous of asking me to go out on a date with him. Apparently he got wounded by my reaction.

"Never mind" he mumbled standing up to leave.

"Hey where are you going?" I asked totally taken aback by his reaction. He didn't even look back, he just left banging the door on the way out. I instantly felt bad for laughing maybe I wounded his ego since it seemed like he had a hard time even asking me to go out with him. I realized that sitting in bed was not going to solve my problem.

I took a quick shower and settled for a pair of sweat pants, a long sleeve T-shirt and black converse and went down to the living room. When I got downstairs, Ethan was sitting on the couch with Lisa on his lap, next to them set Jared, Zoe and Jane all of them watching television. When they felt my presence Ethan whipped his head around and grinned at me.

"She's alive!" He exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Yeah unfortunately" I mumbled proceeding to take a sit on a free couch. Ethan just shot me a sympathetic smile, he must know about what happened between Paul and I.

"Whats got you all worked up?" Jarred asked noting my bad mood

"Stupid me laughed at the alpha when he asked me out on a date" Lisa and Jane gasped loudly while Zoe smirked at me but I felt very bad for doing what I did.

"You are officially an idiot" Jane exclaimed.

"Hey! That's not how you speak to the royal highness. Show some respect" Zoe scowled playfully and I just laughed.

"Fuck the royal highness! Poor Paul must be wounded" trust Jane to make you feel even more guilty.

I let out a long sigh "I know okay. That's why I need to find him" I said standing up.

"He probably went for run in the woods" Ethan said to me. I just nodded and left the room.

When I got outside I immediately smelled his scent and the trail was leading towards the woods like Ethan said. I ran to the nearby tree and peeled off my clothes making sure to fold them nicely before shifting to my fairy side.

I whined a bit after I shifted, it was really painful considering the fact that I haven't transformed in a long time. When the pain subsided, I ran following the trail that Paul had left behind.