#14

Please Vote

Chapter 14- Unedited

"Oh my God! It looks like a jungle in here" Lisa exclaimed somewhere behind me.

"Yes I have a date in a few hours" I replied digging deeper into my closet for something nice to wear. When we went shopping with the girls last month, I really didn't think about buying a dress or anything, mostly I bought sweatpants and jeans.

"Did you really have to throw everything on the floor though?" She asked coming closer to my closet, where I was buried deep inside.

"I cant find anything nice to wear okay" I said with a sigh

"Allow me"

Lisa walked up to my closet, picked up a few staff. I just stood there looking at what she was doing. She pulled out some black skinny jeans, a black and white polka dot tank top and a black cardigan.

"Polka dot! The bright side of life" I said eyeing my outfit.

"Oh hush and just wear these" she scowled.

"That's too much black if you ask me" I mumbled picking up the tank top. I didn't mind wearing these, at least she had found something or else I would have still been buried deep inside my closet.

"For someone who cannot chose an outfit you sure complain a lot" she said with a hard glare.

After dressing up I went downstairs to grab an apple, I hadn't eaten since breakfast, I was so caught up with the whole outfit thing that I forgot to eat so I was feeling real hungry.

Paul and I agreed to live around seven for our dinner. I didn't really picture my first date like this, I had hoped to be picked up, introduce my date to my parents and be dropped off at the door at the end of our date with a delightful kiss. Of course it wouldn't work out the way I want it, I mean we practically live in the same house and don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining, I loved the fact that I get to see him whenever I want.

A pair of strong arms wrapped my waist from behind and I was soon filled with the most amazing scent, the smell of the forest after the rain, it was perfect.

"Hey" Paul greeted planting soft kisses on my neck.

"Hey, are we living already?" I asked leaning in closer to him. The feeling I felt when I was in his arms was hard to describe, nothing in this world mattered as long as I was with him. This whole mate thing kind of scared me before I found mine but once I did, it was like I've known him my whole life, it was like we have grown up together and knew everything about each other. Like I said it was a feeling like no other.

"Its half past six so I say we get going" he says letting go of me and causing me to glare at him.

"Okay I'm ready to go" I say to him.

"Wait a minute I'll be right back" he says exiting the house, before I could even wonder why he left the door bell rang. I went over and opened the door only to find Paul at the door.

"What are you doing?"I asked him with a raised brow.

"Picking you up" he tells me with a smile.

"Oh God you're an idiot" I say with a smile on my face.

"So shall we go" He asks with a smile of his own.

"We shall"

................

"Are you guys ready to place your order" Lauren our waitress asked. She was fairly beautiful with blond hair, her pale skin and she was human.

"Can I have some medium rare steak, a small plate of small fries and a green salad on the side" Paul ordered

"And can I please have the same steak, onions rings and a chicken salad" I said to her, it sounds weird, I know. She jotted everything down on her notepad and left to place our order promising to have them ready in twenty minutes.

We drove a full twenty minutes to get to this restaurant in the city were more humans were around than usual, it wasn't one of those fancy restaurants but it was impressive nonetheless.

"Is this still part of your land" I asked Paul after Lauren had left

"Pretty much" he nods "although other werewolves are allowed to enter our city, they are just not allowed to hunt here or even cause any form of trouble" he explains

"What happens if they do?"

"Then there's punishment" he simply replies

"What about the humans" I ask him

"We let them reside here, they don't know anything about us though, they don't even know who governs them" he explains

I nod my head in understanding looking around the fairly busy restaurant where everyone was busy chatting and laughing.

Twenty minutes later Lauren came with our food and we ate chatting here and there. Lauren came now and then refiling our drinks as we ate.

Paul tensed across the table, his sweet smile disappearing, he seemed to be staring at something by the door behind me. I didn't have to turn to know who it was, I smelt him before I could look behind me to confirm. There standing by the door looking smug was Frank staring at our table, beside him stood another man who seemed confident, too confident.

"We should get going" Paul says to me but it was too late they were already walking towards us.

"Alpha" the old man nodded

"Dimitri," Paul nodded as well

This Dimitri guy looked over me and bowed slightly.

"My lady, I'm glad to have ran into you. I would like to apologize for my son's behavior, it was not nice of him to man handle you like that" he said

"Next time he wont be able to get away that easily" I snapped, something dark crossed his face but he soon masked it.

"I wouldn't expect any less from you" he said "Well, let me live you two to your date. Good evening" he bowed slightly again and left with his son in tow.

I couldn't help but feel the war brewing inside of me, it was like I knew that my days of harmony are soon to end. War was coming and Dimitri was without a doubt the mastermind and there's nothing we could do but to wait for them to attack. I just hoped we will be ready.

.........

Sorry its late, I had a very long assignment and a test but I'll be updating on Sundays again starting from next week.

Thanks for reading..