Chapter 19

Leah grabs the eggs from the fridge and pulls Seth from his spot on the loveseat. I help Harry put on his coat and go out to my car to turn the heat on, being as it was January and still cold.

I was again saw that little flash of silver. "It's nothing," I told myself. "Just a trick of the moonlight."

Leah stepped out the house with a cartoon of eggs in hand. "You ready?" I asked. "As ready as I'll ever be." She responded.

I nod. "Okay. Well let's hurry up." Seth comes running out the house struggling to put his coat on his arm. "Wait for me!" He shouts after us.

"We kinda have to dummy. We're still waiting on dad." Leah tells him. "Speaking of." She walks back into the doorway. "Dad, hurry up."

"Hold on. I'm walking as slow as I can for you." Harry says. He tries to move slower but Leah grabs his arm and pulls him to the truck. "Tell me what we're doing in 43 degree weather?" He asks. "Don't worry about" I say back.

He shrugs and puts the eggs on his lap as we drive off. It wasn't that far a drive anyway. Seth was almost bouncing out of his seat on the ride there. "Seth you gotta calm down, or they'll see us."

We pull into the yard and one of the lights flicker on upstairs. "shit" I mumble. I pull the truck down farther so they wouldn't see. Sam steps outside and glances around. Seemingly not seeing us, he walks back inside and the light goes out a moment later.

"It's go time." I tell Leah. "Girls. I don't think this is a very good idea." Harry comments. "Of course it is. It'll be over before you know it." Leah grabs the eggs from her father's lap and opens the carton. "Ooh me first!" Seth exclaims. "Sethie, you know Leah's gotta go first since she hates him most." Leah glares at me.

"you'll get the next shot though." Seth smiles in response. She juggles the egg in her hand before throwing it at the old red wall. She visibly brightens at the sound of its shell cracking. "Okay your turn Seth." He grabs the egg and throws it as hard as he could against the wall. Another satisfying break. I grab one and throw it at his window. "Keep going you two. I got my anger out." The siblings grab the eggs and throw them until there were no more.

On the way home, Leah talks about how exhilarating it was and keeps thanking me. Seth was just happy to be apart of it. I tell her she doesn't have to thank me and I keep smiling at my little boy. I watched him grow up and would go to war for these two. Suddenly a giant wolf jumps into the road causing me to slam on the brakes. "Oh my goodness. Is everyone okay? Harry?" I glance at the three Clearwaters.

"Woah..." Seth says. "Can I pet it" I turn to look at him. "See if you can try? But be very careful." Leah shakes her head and sighs. "Yeah. We're alright. Are you?" I nod and look back to the road. The wolf was gone. Bella? Are you awake? What's wrong are you okay? Yeah. We just almost got in an accident and it kinda freaked me out. Do you need me to come get you? No, but I'm just going to go to sleep when we get back. I love you. I love you too Lina. Stay safe.

We get back to Harry's and settle into our appropriate places in the living room. Seth sleeping on the couch with me and Leah in the loveseat glaring at him. "What? She's mine. You may have had her first but she's mineee." He drags out. She huffs and closes her eyes. I smiled at him and put my hand on his back. "Good night sweet boy. Goodnight Le." He hugs me tighter and mumbles a goodnight and Leah an I love you. Leah tells me to sleep well and we all doze off. The only thought before sleep however was, was that the silver patch I had been seeing before we left?

Sooo. I'm back. I'm sorry I left y'all I just had a lot going on. Hope y'all enjoy.

Vote

Comment

Share <3