Chapter 17

I park the car in the grass since Bella took the driveway. I get out of the silver Porsche and up the stairs.

"Make yourself at home." I turn towards Seth who pushes past me, making a beeline for the couch.

I smile at the 14 year old. On the fire place was a pile of movies which were beside some old knick knacks.

"Whatcha want to watch?" I ask, holding up the movies for him to pick from. He points at a movie in my right hand.

"The blue one." I look to see what movie he wanted. Bridge to Terrabithia.

"Prepare to cry." I tell him. He scoffs.

"Yeah right. I'm 14. I'm not going to cry over a stupid movie." He says confidently.

I shrug and put the movie in. "Oh well."

Ding dong. "Pizza!" Seth yells. He and I race for the door.

He pushes me back and I pull his shoulder. We both fall into the door. I flinch his forehead and he pouts.

I open the door to a man who doesn't even loked fazed. "Your total is $31.10." I grab dad's wallet off the desk in the hall and pull out $32. "You can keep the 90 cents."

I close the door after giving Seth the pizza and grabbing the Pepsi. He runs back to the couch and almost slips.

"Don't drop my pizza!" In return he sticks his tounge out. "Oh sh- sugarbeans! I forgot."

I look at the Nintendo on the piano. "Movie or games?" He thinks it over. "How about both? Movie first then the games."

I nod and start the movie. An hour and 36 minutes later, Seth is sobbing like a baby. "Told you so." His watery eyes scan my face.

"How are you not crying? His bestfrind died! It's even worse when I think about it happening to you." I awe.

I pull him into my arms and rub his back. "It's okay. I don't plan on going anywhere. You know what'll cheer you up? Video games." He laughs and nods.

"I bet I can beat you in Mario cart." His voice hoarse. "You're on."

Bella came down stairs. Hello. Hey. We're playing Mario cart if you want to play. No thanks. I'm just going to go to bed. But it's 6. She shrugs.

"April! Are you okay? You dazed out." I nod. "Just preparing my victory speech for when you lose." He shakes his head. "Not going to happen."

So the war began. I let him win the first two times for his sake. Then I started gradually getting more wins. At the end it was 3-9.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to dedicate my winning to my little brother Seth. Get up here bro." He looks shocked but gets up and waves to the imaginary crowd.

"Wow. I don't know what to say." He says dramatically. "First, thank you. Second, how dare you and third, why are we doing this?"

"I don't know." I reply. He points at the piano. "Can you play?" I smile at the old memory of dad playing for us.

"Used to." He pushes me towards it. "Go ahead. I want to hear this." I obey the teen and sit at the bench.

I place my hands on the keys and they decided, they wanted to play Alla Turka.

"Woah." He breathlessly says. "Can you teach me? Please?" I laugh. "Sure kid. Come here." He does a little happy dance.

I place my finger on the starting key. "This is F." I play it. He copies me. I place my finger on the black key to its left. "This is Fb or G#" I play that note and he copies.

We go on until he decides he was done. I turn around and Dad was standing right behind us. I jump and grab my chest.

"Holy cow. You could've given me a heart attack." He apologizes with his eyes before they turn into a pair of longing and reminiscence.

"I used to teach you every night for the two weeks you were here. You're not so little anymore." He sounds like he's holding back tears. I laugh and give him a hug.

"Where is that sad movie, you know the one where the bestfriend dies. So I can cry without being questioned." I point to the movie on the coffee table.

I turn to the clock above the fire place. 7:32. "Come on kid. You have to go home now." He whines.

"I'm sorry I don't make the rules. But I can work around them." He brightens. "I'll be right back."

I walk into the room Bella and I share and pack an overnight bag. I walk back downstairs with the bag over my shoulder.

"Bye dad. I'm having a sleepover at Harry's to apologize for kidnapping his son."

His eyes never leave the movie playing. "Alright. Just be at school tomorrow." I nod.

Off we went. I pass the border of Forks and La Push when Brittney Spears Gimme More starts playing.

Seth sqeauls, yes an actual sqeaul, and starts singing along. I glace at the teen in concern before shruging and start singing with him.

We arrive at Harry's house after Hips Don't Lie.

"Suprise! I'm staying the night. Oh and I brought your son back. You're welcome." I tell Harry settling on to the love seat.

Seth is just adorable. April is... Well... She's certainly unique. Good bye!