Chapter 14

"That's my father's car at the end of the lot, what is he doing here?" Eddie said. He parks the car. Dr. Cullen stepped out of the station and stopped on the top of the steps.

"What's going on?" I asked. The flashing of the ambulance lights were distracting me.

"Waylon Forge was found in the woods near his place. I just examined the body." Carlisle said.

"Oh my goodness." I whisper. "He died? How?" Bella asked.

"Animal attack." Dr. Cullen says. "Was it the same one from Mason County?" Bella asks

Eddie and Dr. Cullen try to share a subtle look. "Most likely." I stay silent, staring at the crumbling concret under my black converses.

"So it's getting closer to town?" I look up.  Eddie puts his pale hands in his pockets, glancing at me wearily. "Waylon lived by Queets river. 75 miles south." Bella open her mouth to say something.

"Waylon was your fathers friend. I'm sure he would like to see you two." Dr. Cullen said.

"Waylon's dead." I whispered, tears stinging my eyes.

I might have not known Waylon personally but he didn't need to die so soon. The Universe just has ways that make no sense to us right now.

She or he, we dont know the universes gender, might have meant well but they knew how to piss me off. The Universe presses my "Try To Ruin Her Life" button way to often.

"Hold on. Aprilina?" I look at Bella. "Do you need to get ride home with Edward." I look at the door to the police station. What about dad? I'll tell him it was to much for you. I nod. I look at Eddie. If it's not much of a bother.

He shakes his head. "No it's not a problem." He leans forward. He grabs my hand but drops it quickly, muttering a small 'ow.' I shrug thinking he heard my distant mental screaming.

"Bye A." I wave goodbye, getting into the Volvo. "Your eyes are different." I see his tense up. "Do wear contacts?" He shakes his head.

"Then why are they amber right now and black when I punched you and brown at the resteraunt?" I ask, my voice low.

"Different lightings." He replies vaguely. "Uh huh." I say crossing my arms, kicking my feet up on to the dashboard.

Adagio was playing softly on the radio. Not in the mood for classical right now I changed it. Reaching out to change the song, Eddies hand trapped my wrist.

I whine and Eddies hand retracts fast. I happily change the song and to my luck 'Low' comes on.

Eddie cringes and goes to change the song again. I slap his hand and he puts it back on the steering wheel. Muttering a few words under his breath, he tries again.

Failing once more, he turns the radio off. I groan. "You've arrived at you destination." He mocks the annoying GPS voice. I laugh.

"You should consider doing the voice thing for the GPS." Since his mind reading is so fast, he already knew why.

"My voice is not annoying." He says; his voice going up a pitch higher than normal.

"Is too!" I point out, sticking my tounge out at him.

"Is not." He says disguste at the grammer.

"Is too."
"Is not."
"Is too."
"Is not."
"Is too."
"Is not."
"Is not."
"Is too."

"Ha. You just said your voice was annoying." I laugh. "I did not." He says, denying the obvious. "You did!" He rolls his eyes. "Go inside." He mumbles clearly not wanting to start another banter. 

He then smiles slightly.

"What?" I ask. "You seem happier now." He replies. I smile back. "Yeah. Thank you by the way." He nods. "Night Lina."

I turn around and unlock the door. Night. Goodnight. That was for both of you.

After brushing my teeth and changing, I climb up the ladder and lay down on my bed. What would happen if I wasn't here? I bother people. Everything would be better if I wasn't alive. I'm too selfish.

"Where did those thoughts come from?" Someone asks. I scream, flicking on the light. "Nowhere." I stutter, trying to restart my heart. "You forgot I can read minds." He says from his place in the chair in corner.

"How did you get in?" I ask, trying to change the subject. "Not important. Where did they come from." He says. He sounded angry. Probably my fault.

"No." He growls. "There are or were people who put those thoughts into a kind, funny person." I scoffed.

"The first time I met you, I punched you. If you count funny as joking about your death, then yeah sure." Trying to defuse the light he saw in me.

"You're just protective. That's a sweet thing. That 'light' is not going anywhere." He says. "Night!" I turn around, pulling the blanket over my head.

"Nope!" He says, bringing the blanket back down to my stomach. "Why are you still sad over what a bully said in middle school?"

I groan. "Why do you care? It's not like I'm family to you." He smirks. I raise an eyebrow. "What now?"

"Not important. You're in high school. Where politics look like preschool."

"Everyone has their insecuritys. Mine are from middle school. Now leave." He shakes his head.

I put my hand on to his face and push him away. "I said goodnight."

He must hear someone's thoughts because he gets down and walks to the window. "This is not over." I wave him off.

"I could have a language battle right now or tell dad. Good riddance."

Sorry. Dont you just hate things for no reason. I do have another book if this one is too bad to read. Have a good one.