Chapter 15

I wake up to Isa poking my face. "You alright?" She asks. I nod. "Yeah. Lets just get today over with."

I get ready and rush downstairs grabbing the keys. "Ha! I get to drive today." I shout up the stairs. I hear a faint moan.

"Bella." I warn. "Alright alright. Lets go." She reaches for the polished, gold door knob. "Time?" She looks at the clock above the counter. "7:30 or 6 minutes?"

"To get ready." I explain. "6 minutes." I go out to the yard where my Porsche sits.

"How did we get my car? I know dad can't afford it." Bella looks up.

"Oh. The Cullens had it and no longer needed it. Charlie was asked if he wanted it, he said yes. Blah blah blah."

We get to school and Bella stares out into parking lot where most of the students are crowded together. Eddie comes out of his hiding spot in the shadows and matches her stare with the same intensity as hers.

Everything okay? Both nod. Bella walks past him and into the woods. Follow her. She's gonna get lost.

He turns and follows her into the woods in which she disappeared. Classes went by and I saw no sign of either of them all day.

Filled with worry, I sat on the hood of my Porsche, waiting for my twin. Around 3:56, I left thinking she was fine.

After all she was with Eddie. He was okay and didn't seem to have any intention on hurting us. Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I paced around the living room until I had to sit down because my knees were like a grandma's.

Is she alright?

She's fine. You know it's creepy to refer to yourself in the third person. Oh I know. Where are you? In a meadow. Can you come home? Are you in danger? No. Just wo- I mean bored.

I mean it wasn't a lie. The only thing playing right now was The Big Bang Theory. It wasnt that I didn't like the show, I just didn't want to watch it today.

Sighing, I sat in the chair beside our old, green couch. I heard a click from the front of the house. Then the heavy footsteps of boots walking. I closed my eyes knowing dad was home now.

"What's up kid?" He asks. I hum. "Nothing much." He bobs his head up and down in a nodding gesture.

"Where's your sister? Sleeping?" He says walking towards the stairs. "No, she's hanging out with a friend of ours."

"Oh." He mutters faintly.

I stand from my place in the chair. "Alright pops, where do you wanna go?" He wanted to do something. Whatever it was, he just wanted Bella be there too.

"There was this thing going on at the docks. It's no big deal." I tap my fingers to my thigh.

"Then let's go." I exclaim before walking over to the table we never use. On top was an old riffle and his keys. Grabbing the keys, I walked back to dad, tossing the keys at him.

We're going to the docks alright? Okay. I'll be home at 5. I nod. I cant see you nod dork. Right. See you then.

I jump off the porch with a buzzing pain stinging my feet. I walk to the old, beaten down cruiser strapping up in the passenger seat.

"So what's going down at the docks?" He glances at me for a split-second before returning his eyes to the road.

"It's a... Uh... Birthday party for Billy?" He answers clearly lying. "Dad you're like 50. Haven't you outgrown birthday party's yet?"

He scoffs. "You can never outgrown birthday party's. I'm only 44 princess."

"Oh so you're a dinosaur then." I state. He gasps. "Really!" He says horrified.

I giggle. "Well then guess who just lost a car." He taunts. I gasp loudly.

"No!" I shriek as we pull up to the docks. He laughs stepping out of the old cop car. I follow closely behind him.

"I'm just kidding." He replies. He stops, putting his hands on his belt loops and spreading his legs a little. The "dad pose" I call it.

"Welcome to the party Swans." A voice calls to us. We turn looking away from the water.

"Billy!" I yell. I run to him and try to hug him. Giving up, I hug his neck.

"How does it feel to be 54 old man." Dad teases him, finally reaching us.

"Like I said before, still dancing." He answers. "But you can't." I say pointing to the metal chair he uses for transportation.

"It's a metaphor. Sweet child." Billy explains.

"Sorry." I say looking down.

"Nothing to be sorry about. The blond from your mother must come out sometime." Billy chuckles before taking a sip of the beer in his hand.

"Billy!" Dad yelled. I just laughed.

Hello book readers, you can find another book to read. This book is being written by a 13 year old. Have fun.