Chapter 8

Akashi was sitting in the limousine, on his way to school. He had a sleepless night behind him, he couldn't stop thinking, about what he found out the day before. Then he went to bed, but he couldn't fall asleep. He didn't want to talk to his father about it. In fact, Seijurou felt ashamed how easily he was deceived. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He couldn't help, but feel betrayed and what's more, he doubted a person, he shouldn't have any second thoughts about.

Akashi got out of the car, once he arrived to Rakuzan. He made his way though the gate, thinking of how to talk to Y/n about all of that. He considered not talking to him at all, but he dropped that idea. He needed to clear the air between them somehow. He knew he had to take a responsibility for his mistake. It was the right thing to do.

Seijurou spotted Y/n walking through the gate. He wanted to approach him at first, but he stopped as he changed his mind. He knew what Y/n's reaction would be, if he bothered him so early in the morning. He decided to try after the practice. He would prefer him to be in at least a neutral mood. With that in mind, he went to the classroom and sat down at his desk.

Time skip

The practice was going well. Y/n was surprised with Seijurou's attitude towards him on that day. He wasn't scolding him about fooling around, he wasn't looking for anything to yell about. This was unusual for the redhead. Y/n didn't think much about it, he had better things to do, like scoring a three-pointer too high for Nebuya and Mibuchi to block. It wasn't a needed ability, it was a more a matter of Y/n's ambition.

-Y/n, stay behind after the practice please. - Akashi said. It wasn't harsh like usually. Something new. Who was this guy and what did he do to Akashi?

-Alright. - Y/n nodded, knowing there was no use in arguing. Then he focused back on his next attempt to score a three-pointer. - He tilted his head and chuckled seeing Eikichi giving Reo a piggy-back ride to make them taller.

-You're not scoring this time. -smirked Nebuya.

-That's what she said. - said Kotarou, making all four of them laugh.

-She said that to Eikichi for being too heavy. - Y/n teased, causing another wave of laughter.

After that they continued the practice, until the end. Y/n and Akashi stayed behind on the gym. They sat down at the bench and drank some water. The time for Akashi to speak up was coming. Y/n wanted to give him time, but the silence was making him feel slightly agitated, that he was held back just to sit around.

-What was the thing you wanted to talk about? - he asked finally.

-I wanted to apologize to you. -Seijurou said. - I found out that someone helped us break contact. I would put the blame on my father. Someone set the rule in my mailbox to delete all of your messages. I didn't know. I'm sorry for blaming you and making assumptions. You were telling the truth all along and I was too stubborn to take your words under the consideration.

-I'm shocked by your words, to be honest. Didn't dare to think I would hear you say that. I accepted the fact that you hate me. - said Y/n. - I don't know what to say.

-I don't expect you to forgive me –said Akashi. - or allow me to be your friend again. I just needed to apologize for my mistake.

-Would you like us to be friends again?- asked Y/n.

This caught Seijurou off guard. He didn't expect a chance at all, for the way he behaved towards Y/n. He didn't remember how it felt to have real friends around. He didn't need them, but at the same time, he needed Y/n as his friend.

-Yes, I would. - he answered. Y/n stood up, smiled lightly and opened his arms.

-I'm back home Sei. - he said.

-Welcome back. - Akashi returned the smile and hugged his friend. - I'm sorry for late welcoming.

-Better late than never. - Y/n grinned.